Peaches, corn, tomatoes and fresh cocktails. And cool weather in August! Does it get any better?
Want to meet great people and eat superb cuisine? Join Bucks County Taste for an end-of-summer brunch at Golden Pheasant Inn on Sunday, August 27.
Looking for a cool summer cocktail, the local way? Bucks County Taste went behind the scenes at local restaurants to see how they make their favorite adult beverages. We had a lot of fun, and want to hear what you think of the concoction! Drop us a line or send us a picture of the drinks if you try them out.
All-you-can-eat spaghetti. Skip Olive Garden and check out Bell’s Tavern for their All-You-Can-Eat Spaghetti Night on Tuesdays starting at 5 pm. You get to choose between meat or marinara sauce, garden salad, garlic bread — for $10 per person. You can also enjoy select bottles of wine for half price. Pasta and wine for cheap, what beats that?
And, if you can’t make it to Lambertville, there are plenty of other local deals scattered around Bucks County. Savor a juicy $5 cheese steak on Tuesdays at the Wycombe Publick House, or feast on lobster at the Buck Hotel on Tuesdays after 5 pm. Here are some more options we think you’ll enjoy.
Bingo and pizza — family style. Bucks County entertainer Dwayne Dunlevy will return to the Back Room of Liberty Hall Pizza on Tuesday, August 8 to host “Dwayne’s World — A Bingo Extravaganza!”
For three hours, guests can enjoy unlimited family style pizzas, salads, draught root beer and bingo with “a twist.” Dunlevy himself even said it’s a “multi-faceted event” with tons of prizes, music, and karaoke to make it a fun evening.
Tickets are $30 per person plus taxes and fees, and you can reserve your spot here.
Food for Thought book club. Why ponder a good book alone when you can talk it over with friends and your local community? On the second Tuesday each month, the Food for Thought Book Club at the Doylestown Book Store brings together people to talk about a book related to the food industry, farming, and eating well.
This Tuesday, August 8, the book club will discuss “Real Food: What to Eat and Why,” by Nina Planck. Planck will also be joining the book club as a special guest!
In her book, she discusses the food movement, provides a rebuttal to dietary fads, and calls for a return to old-fashioned foods.
Buy the book and learn more information about Planck and the book club here.
What can you do with our amazing local peaches? Cut them up and put it on top of your favorite ice cream. Or bake them into a crumbly, ooey-gooey pie.
Our favorite way to enjoy peaches? Taking a big ol’ bite of one. And, we love this recipe for grilled peaches with maple caramel sauce and ice cream.
Friend of a Farmer. End the week with a farm-fresh meal from Caleb’s American Kitchen in Lahaska. The restaurant continues their “Friend of a Farmer” dinners this week with a four-course prix-fixe dinner made with local ingredients.
This dinner represents the finest products from farmers, and you’ll get to try seasonal dishes made from scratch. The cost of the dinner is $50 on Thursday, and $54 on Friday, not including tax and gratuity. Reservations for dinners are required. See here for more information.
On the radar…
- Clam Bake: The Lumberville General Store is holding a clambake on Sunday, August 13 from 3:30 – 7 pm. Cost for adults is $19.95 and for kids $9.95, and it’s BYOB. Click here for the menu.
- Jersey Shore Dinner: Hamilton’s Grill Room offers their popular Jersey Shore Dinner again August 15 – 17. Don’t miss it! More information here.
- Summer Brunch at the Golden Pheasant Inn: Join the Bucks County Taste Dinner Club for a delicious, seasonal 3-course brunch at the Golden Pheasant Inn. Click here for the menu and more details.
- Wine and Food Festival: On August 19, Villa Milagro Vineyards is hosting a two-day event of fun, sun, wine tasting, and food. Food trucks will be present!
- Karlton Cafe: Exciting news from the Karlton Cafe; beginning this September, they will be serving dinner Friday and Saturday nights. More details to come.
- Bucks County Foodshed Alliance 5K & 1-mile fun run: Register online through August 19 until midnight for an early bird discount and guaranteed race t-shirt of $25 per person. Register online from August 20 – September 1 for $30.
And, for more details on any of our food calendar events, please go to our full calendar, Food Events in Bucks County, or click the “continue reading” link below.
Follow Bucks County Taste on…
Bucks County Taste Dinner Club
Summer Brunch at the Golden Pheasant Inn
Sunday, August 27, 11 am – 2 pm
Fresh, seasonal cuisine in a beautiful setting. Does it get much better?
Join us on Sunday, August 27 for a lovely 3-course brunch at the Golden Pheasant Inn in Erwinna.
For more details on any of these events, please go to our full calendar, Food Events in Bucks County.
Follow Bucks County Taste on…