Thanksgiving, Friendsgiving, Drinksgiving — whichever way of celebrating the season of giving you choose, be sure to keep the spirits high by exploring the food and drinks of Bucks County and nearby New Jersey counties.
As the Thanksgiving leftovers get packed away, the winter holidays start to roll in, with tree lightings, holiday shopping and wine tours starting this weekend.
Small Business Saturday is also this weekend, so you can go out and celebrate the great businesses in the area. Restaurants, stores, farms, breweries, bars — go out and spend your money where it matters.
Got a foodie on your gift list? We’ve got you covered. See our post,
Gifts for the foodie in your life.
Or how about the chocoholic on your list? Read about artisanal, single sourced, direct trade chocolate from Pierre’s Chocolates,
A trip to Ecuador: In search of the best chocolate
Events are listed in chronological order
1Black Friday Beer Release at Penn Taproom
Fri, Nov 24, 12 pm – 11 pm
80 West State St.
Party with Penn Taproom this Black Friday to celebrate the official release of Goose Island’s Bourbon County. Enjoy a wide variety of specialty beers on tap and enter for a chance to take home a bottle of 2014 Bourbon County Coffee Stout. Kick off the season right with great friends and better beer!
Tapping at 12 pm to include: 2017 Bourbon County Stout, 2017 Bourbon County Northwoods, 2017 Coffee Stout, 2017 Barley-wine , 2014 Bourbon County Stout, 2013 Bourbon County Goose Island Noel, and Goose Island Matilda.
They will also be auctioning off six bottles of 2014 Bourbon County Coffee Stout at 9 pm. Note: each Goose Island / Bourbon County draft purchase gets you a lottery ticket, and you get an extra lottery ticket by bringing in a new, unwrapped toy for our Toys for Tots drive (one per person).
Fri, Nov 24 & Sat, Nov 25
The Lumberville General Store
3741 River Rd., Lumberville, PA
Say no to Thanksgiving leftovers and yes to the Lumberville General Store supper club! It’s four courses for $24.95 per person, and it’s BYOB. No membership required, and seatings for both dinners on Friday and Saturday start at 6 pm.
What’s on the menu? Choose from dishes like roasted butternut squash soup or watercress salad with roasted beets, marinated pork loin or trout almondine. There’s much more, get additional information here.
3Holiday Wine Trail Weekend
Fri, Nov 24 – Sun, Nov 26
Holiday Wine Trail, NJ
Thanksgiving weekend is a time to celebrate family, friends, and the completion of a bountiful harvest. And what better way to share memories than with food and wine? This Friday through Sunday is Holiday Wine Trail Weekend across New Jersey counties, so you and your family or friends can travel together across the trail to various wineries hosting holiday events and wine specials. Here’s what you’ll find:
- Unionville Vineyards: Guests receive a holiday ornament and a grapevine wreath if they are your first NJ winery visit that day (one wreath and ornament per couple). Unionville is also releasing three new wines, each crafted from one special barrel that stood out during blending.
- Villa Milagro Vineyards: Experience Christmas South of the border. Snack on taquitos, bolas de arroz and albóndiga as you sip Gracias, Mi Carino and other fine wines. Then finish with a bunuelo and a taste of their special Christmas wine, Feliz Navidad. Don’t forget to bring your wreath to receive a special ornament.
- Amwell Ridge Vineyard: Enjoy tastes of the 2013 Syrah and 2014 Cabernet Franc, as well as the 2015 Pheasant Hill Viognier. Tastings are $10 for a regular flight, and $5 for the small lot wines.
- Alba Vineyard: Start your holidays with a special wine tasting experience including a warm appetizer and dessert pairing. Admission is $15 per person, 21 and older, which includes eight samplings of their nationally award-winning wines, special food pairings, and an Alba wine glass. No reservations needed.
- Four Sisters Winery: Receive a grapevine wreath at your first stop on the trail, at participating wineries like Four Sisters Winery. Start where you want and visit as many wineries as you like, and receive a holiday ornament at each location to decorate your wreath.
4Pairing Wine & Cheese Class
Sat, Nov 25, 2 pm
Crossing Vineyards and Winery
1853 Wrightstown Rd., Newtown, PA 18940
Yes, we all know wine goes great with cheese. But there’s more to it than that. Learn more about which wines go best with which cheeses at this class hosted by Crossing Vineyards and Winery. Cost: $40 per person. Includes instruction and tasting. Call 215.493.6500, ext. 19 or buy online.
5Christmas Tree Lighting in Lambertville
Sun, Nov 26, 5 pm
Corner of South Union and Bridge St., Lambertville, NJ
Watch Lambertville’s Christmas Tree light up the town this Sunday at 5 pm. The festivities will begin at 4 pm with performances by the Downtown Players and the Lambertville Brass Band. After the tree lighting, enjoy fireworks, visit with Santa and then watch a screening of “The Grinch,” at 6:30 pm.
6Logan Inn Tree Lighting
Sun, Nov 26, 6 pm
10 W. Ferry St, New Hope, PA
Thanksgiving has passed, so now it’s time to begin embracing the next round of holidays. At the Logan Inn, you can enjoy their holiday tree lighting as you listen to carolers and music, and snack on cookies and hot cocoa on their patio. Help light up the tree and kick off the winter season!
7Holiday Party at the Prallsville Mills
Sun, Nov 26, 3 – 6 pm
33 Risler St., Stockton, NJ
Stop by the Prallsville Mills for horse and carriage rides, a meeting with Santa, story time with Anna P. Wyman, and a tree lighting ceremony at 5:30 pm. It’s a winter celebration with lots of mingling, food and drinks, and fun.
Bucks County Taste Dinner Club Upcoming Events
Liberty Hall Pizza Night!
Sunday, December 3, 2017, 6 – 8 pm
Liberty Hall Pizza, Lambertville NJ
Join friends (old and new) at Liberty Hall Pizza in Lambertville, NJ in December — before the holiday craziness begins! We held this event last year and it was a huge hit. Great food (and lots of it) and good company. For the full menu and to register, CLICK HERE.
In the works…
The Farm Cooking School – Save the date for a five-course meal sourced from Roots to River Farm and other nearby farms. Chefs Ian Knauer and Shelley Wiseman will also demonstrate some of the dishes before we eat! Saturday, April 7, 6 pm. Details to follow. SAVE THE DATE!
James & Jamie – Local restaurateur and chef James Seward (Bowman’s Tavern, Bowman’s North) and Jamie Hollander (Jamie Hollander Gourmet) are teaming up to make us one wonderful dinner. (Winter 2018)
Inn at Barley Sheaf Farm (Winter 2018)
Do you enjoy good food? Like meeting new friends? Want to try new restaurants? Get on the Bucks County Taste Dinner Club email list and be the first to know of our coming events.