In case you have no idea of what I’m talking about, allow me to explain.
Bucks Bacon & Beer is co-sponsored by Bucks County Taste and Triumph Brewing Company, and will feature bacon, sausage, artisanal cheese, and other delectable foods from local butchers and purveyors in Bucks County and nearby. Triumph Brewing Company will be making a special, Rauchbier “smoked” beer for the occasion. Take your chance on a raffle with delicious prizes (hint: do you want even more bacon?) and enjoy live music too.
When? Sunday, March 22, 2015, Noon – 4 pm at Triumph Brewing Company in New Hope, PA.
It’s all about the bacon! Be it smoked, cured, artisanal, or non-nitrate, come and taste the best. And don’t worry. You won’t find any chocolate covered bacon or bacon cupcakes here. It’s all about the real stuff, made by local farmers, butchers, cheese makers, and even, an ice cream maker.
Admission to the event includes 2 pints of Triumph Beer, a commemorative glass, and all the delicious locally produced food you can eat. Tickets are $40 per person for noon entry, and $35 per person for a 2 pm entry. You must be 21 years or older to attend.
Who is coming this year?
- The Bacon Jams: Yes, spreadable bacon. (West Chester, PA)
- Bespoke Bacon: house-cured, artisanal bacon (Lansdale, PA)
- Blooming Glen Pork & Catering: 6 kinds of bacon. Really. And more. (Blooming Glen, PA)
- Bobolink Dairy & Bakehouse: Artisanal cheese and wood-fired oven bread (Milford, NJ)
- Cherry Grove Dairy Farm & Creamery: Artisanal cheese and pork products from pasture-raised pigs (Princeton, NJ)
- Eat This: Bacon marmalade. Need I say more? (Erwinna, PA)
- Flint Hill Farm: Fresh goat cheese, made from goats raised on pasture (Coopersburg, PA)
- Fulper Family Farm: Fresh (not aged) cheeses (Lambertville, NJ)
- Gerome’s Sausage: Sausage made the old-fashioned way – no additives, preservatives or fillers. (Levittown, PA)
- Haring Brothers: Bacon, sausage, you name it. One of Bucks County’s oldest butchers (Doylestown, PA)
- oWowCow Creamery: Bacon & Bourbon ice cream (really). Locally sourced ice creamery (Ottsville, PA)
- Sciascia Confections (a.k.a. The Painted Truffle): Beer cordials and bacon bars (at the Stockton Market, Stockton, NJ)
- Two Sisters Canning: Beer jelly and more fun stuff (Oakford, PA)
Some pics from last year’s Bucks Bacon & Beer.