What’s there to eat and drink in Bucks County this week? Ice cream, cool cocktails, lobster specials, and fresh farmers market produce — and don’t forget our end-of-summer brunch at Golden Pheasant Inn on Sunday, August 27.
Milkshake Monday. Cool down with some discount milkshakes with local Uncle Dave’s ice cream, and a reminder, this is the last week you can enjoy these summer specials. Grab some for $4 from noon until 6 pm. You can pick up a shake at both Uncle Dave’s locations at Shady Brook Farm and the DelVal Market.
You can also find more ice cream shops and deals all around Bucks County. And, you’ll find seasonal flavors like peach and blackberry ice cream from OwowCow Creamery, or Moo Hope Ice Cream for some creative flavors like carrot cake and mint with oreos. Call any place in advance to see if your favorite scoop is available!
Locals nights. Bucks County is a great place to get a spectacular meal, for a great price. On Tuesdays, it’s locals night at The Mansion Inn & Royal T’s at The Mansion. It’s three courses for $30 with a complimentary glass of wine. Previous locals nights have included dishes like their well-loved French Onion “soup” dumplings, and bone in pork loin with cherry pepper relish.
Can’t make it to the Mansion? Check out these other weeknight specials here.
A Jersey shore dinner. Can’t get to the shore? No problem. You can still enjoy a shore dinner at Hamilton’s Grill Room this Tuesday through Thursday. They’re serving up a four-course dinner with fresh bread and hummus, sliced Jersey tomatoes, steamed mussels, littleneck clams, ½ steamed Maine lobster, chicken thighs, sweet sausage, potatoes, corn, and local peach pie with whipped cream. Woo, that’s going to be quite the meal!
The dinner is $40 plus tax and gratuity. You can reserve ahead by calling 609.397.4343.
Farmers market fun. Stop by the Lower Makefield Farmers’ Market this Thursday afternoon, and pick up some summer produce like peaches, zucchini, tomatoes, mixed greens, and other local items like jams, honey, treats, and more.
- Try this simple tart with plenty of tomatoes on top of a puff pastry sheet. It is a super easy recipe and allows our local tomatoes to really shine.
- For corn, try this corn, zucchini and poblano pepper succotash, a recipe from Chef Max Hansen of the Carversville Grocery. It’s buttery, it’s peppery, it’s filled with fresh summer produce. It makes for a great pairing with grilled chicken or sushi tuna.
- And, if you get some juicy peaches, try this recipe for grilled peaches with maple caramel sauce and ice cream. Pick up the sweet fresh peaches first, use real maple syrup, and don’t forget to pick up some ice cream from a local place like OwowCow Creamery. A perfect August dessert!
Remember, the Lower Makefield Farmers’ Market isn’t the only market in town. Check out which market is near you, or try a new one!
On the radar…
- Summer Brunch at the Golden Pheasant Inn: Join the Bucks County Taste Dinner Club for a delicious, seasonal 3-course brunch at the Golden Pheasant Inn. Click here for the menu and more details.
- Wine and Food Festival: On August 19, Villa Milagro Vineyards is hosting a two-day event of fun, sun, wine tasting, and food. Food trucks will be present!
- Karlton Cafe: Exciting news from the Karlton Cafe; beginning this September, they will be serving dinner Friday and Saturday nights. More details to come.
- Bucks County Foodshed Alliance 5K & 1-mile fun run: Register online through August 19 until midnight for an early bird discount and guaranteed race t-shirt of $25 per person. Register online from August 20 – September 1 for $30.
And, for more details on any of our food calendar events, please go to our full calendar, Food Events in Bucks County, or click the “continue reading” link below.
Follow Bucks County Taste on…
Bucks County Taste Dinner Club
Join the Bucks County Taste Dinner Club for
Summer Brunch at the Golden Pheasant Inn
Sunday, August 27, 11 am – 2 pm
Fresh, seasonal cuisine in a beautiful setting. Does it get much better?
Join us on Sunday, August 27 for a lovely 3-course brunch at the Golden Pheasant Inn in Erwinna.
See the menu and more details here.
Do you enjoy good food? Like meeting new friends? Want to try new restaurants? Get on the Bucks County Taste Dinner Club email list and be the first to know of our coming events.
For more details on any of these events, please go to our full calendar, Food Events in Bucks County.
Follow Bucks County Taste on…