National Farmers Market Week runs through August 12 this weekend, and we plan on celebrating it at the many local farmers markets scattered around Bucks County!
The Farmers Market Coalition reports that farmers markets go beyond just feeding the community. They help stimulate the local economy, preserve farmland, and promote a healthy lifestyle for families. So shop local and support your area farms!
Events are listed in chronological order
Friday, August 11, 5:30 – 7:30 pm, Delaware Valley Fire Company, 75 Headquarters Rd., Erwinna, PA
No need to cook this Friday night, but feel free to skip out on the usual pizza/take-out dinner. Instead, enjoy a comforting spaghetti meal at the Delaware Valley Fire Company this Friday, from 5:30 – 7:30 pm. Cost for adults $10, seniors $9, emergency personnel $9, children six to 12 are $7 and children under six are free. Also, take-out is available and costs $11.
2. Farmers Markets in Bucks County and nearby
Celebrate National Farmers Market Week at your favorite farmers market – or stop by a new one. This is the height of the summer season with so many delicious fruits and veggies – and bread, eggs, meat, coffee, artisanal food, cheese and more – at your local market.
For a full listing of farmers markets in Bucks County and nearby, CLICK HERE.
Zucchini race day down at the Wrightstown Farmers Market is this Saturday, sponsored by Organnons Natural Market.
Make your own unique local vegetable race car and compete for the championship (and bragging rights). Registration begins at 10 am and the first race starts at 11 am. Register for your spot at the welcome table or online.
There’s more zucchini fun at the Lower Makefield Farmers Market: If you think you have the biggest zucchini in Lower Makefield, come to the market on Thursday (this afternoon) to get it weighed before 6:15 pm. Winners will be contacted at the end of the day after all zucchinis have been recorded.
- The Doylestown Farmers Market will have buttery Challah French Toast bread, cold brew coffee, peach and fruit spreads, carrots, eggplant, tomatoes, melons, peaches, and more.
- The Yardley Farmers Market will celebrate National Farmers Market Week (August 6-12) this weekend. Pick up a I Love Farmers Markets tattoo at the market and post your pictures on Instagram to win a contest.
- The Lower Makefield Farmers Market will have eggplant, peppers, watermelon, cantaloupe, peaches, and greens. Also, corn, lettuce mix, dog treats, chicken, gluten-free breads, and more.
- Wrightstown Farmers Market will have zucchini of course, along with Arugula, beets, carrots, celery, collard greens, corn, cucumbers, eggplant (Italian, Asian and Fairytale), fennel, garlic, green beans, hakurei turnips, kale, kohlrabi, mizuna, mustard greens, Napa cabbage, and more.
- The Perkasie Farmers Market welcomes Papa’s Cupcakes and their new cinnamon cake with homemade peach pie filling cupcake. If that’s not enough to get you to the market, there will also be pies, sticky buns, cookies, and produce from a variety of vendors.
And, check out Shady Brook Farm for some fresh picked fruits and veggies, like cantaloupe, all kinds of tomatoes, sweet corn, and peaches.
Don’t forget there are plenty of farmers markets scattered around Bucks County (and there are some in Montgomery and Hunterdon County, too!). Check out our full guide on farmers markets here.
3. BBQ Bash at the Bucks Club
Everyone is welcome to the 2nd BBQ Bash at The Bucks Club this weekend, where you can stuff yourself with crabs, BBQ, and refreshing drinks. There will be live music, a cornhole tournament, prizes, and more.
4. Breakfast on the Farm
Sunday, August 13, 9 am – 12 pm, Solly’s Farm, 707 Almshouse Rd., Ivyland, PA
Pancakes topped with fresh summer peaches and all its sweet juices is a delicious Sunday breakfast. Now imagine eating a stack straight off the griddle as you look out over 88 acres of beautiful farmland in the shade of a tent. You can have breakfast on the Solly’s Farm this weekend on Sunday, August 13 at 9 am – 12 pm. They will also serve refreshments, a side of sausage, juice, coffee and tea. There’s live music too!
5. Clam Bake
Sunday, August 13, 3:30 – 7 pm, Lumberville General Store, River Rd., Lumberville, PA
The Lumberville General Store is bringing the beach to you! Enjoy a late summer lunch of seafood, including a good old-fashioned clam bake. Snack on Old Bay and cheddar biscuits, and feast on steam clams, mussels, and shrimp — family style. Adults cost $19.95 and kids cost $9.95. The clambake is BYOB.
6. Tabora Irish Festival
Sunday, August 13, 11 am – 5 pm, Tabora Farms, 1104 Upper Stump Rd., Chalfont, PA
Tabora Farms in Chalfont is hosting an Irish Festival this Sunday. Picture live Irish bands, bagpipers, Irish dances, Celtic vendors, crafts for kids, sheep shearing, and of course, all of the authentic Irish food you can eat. The rain date is August 20.
7. Sunday Afternoon at the Movies
Sunday, August 13, 2 pm, Crossing Vineyards and Winery, 1853 Wrightstown Rd., Washington Crossing, PA
It’s an easy way to beat the heat and watch a cool movie (Bottle Shock), munch on some popcorn, and sip Sangria. Additional wine is available for purchase at $5 a glass. Cost of the movie event is $10 per person in advance or $15 at the door. Reservations are recommended. Call 215.493.6500 ext. 19 for more info and to buy your tickets.
Have a great weekend!
The Bucks County Taste Dinner Club
Summer Brunch at the Golden Pheasant Inn
Sunday, August 27, 11 am – 2 pm
Fresh, seasonal cuisine in a beautiful setting. Does it get much better?
Join us on Sunday, August 27 for a lovely 3-course brunch at the Golden Pheasant Inn in Erwinna.
Imagine sitting by the canal, trying to decide between Grand Marnier French Toast, Eggs Florentine, Rock Shrimp Crepes, or Biscuits, Gravy and Eggs. I never said this was going to be easy!
For more details, the full menu, and to purchase tickets, please CLICK HERE.
Please Support Our Advertisers
- Bakers (8)
- Charity (56)
- Cookbooks (19)
- Events (668)
- Farm Markets (316)
- Farms (261)
- Food Quotes (1)
- Holidays (152)
- Local Color (61)
- Other Places (23)
- Other Things About Food (173)
- People (34)
- Recipes (109)
- Restaurants (521)
- Retail stores (13)
- Sweets (83)
- Tweets (299)
- Uncategorized (13)
- Vegetarian/Vegan (40)
- Vineyards, Breweries and Bars (279)