Finally! A good weekend forecast. Or should I not jinx it?
As usual, lots of good things happening this weekend. I think the Linden Hill Farmers’ Market, which just opened at the end of May, has had the most rainy days. So, please, go check them out, Fridays from 3:30 to 7:30 pm in Ottsville.
Crossing Vineyards and Winery is continuing their outdoor music series with the brass ensemble, Nassau Brass. General admission is $10 in advance, $15 at the gate. Wine and cheese, or a home-style buffet is available from 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm ($25 per person + tax, includes V.I.P. reserved seating). Also, Sangria Sundays continues at the Chaddsford Winery and Tasting Room in Lahaska (Peddlers Village).
The Indian Valley Farmers’ Market will be hosting the 2009 Field to Table Festival from 10 am to 3 pm in Telford. This year the festival will feature a “Berried” Treasure berry contest. Bring your best Berry Creation to be judged the winner.
Check out our online calendar, Food Events in Bucks County for more details on any of the events below. Have a lovely weekend.
Friday, July 10th:
- Linden Hill Farmers’ Market, 3:30 – 7:30 pm, Ottsville.
- Spaghetti Dinner @ Delaware Valley Fire Co., 5:30 – 8 pm, Erwinna.
- Wine Concert Series @ Shady Brook Farm, 7 – 9 pm, Yardley. Weather permitting. Free admission. Idlewoodsmen is the musical entertainment.
- Outdoor Summer Music Series @ Crossing Vineyards and Winery, 7 – 10 pm, Washington Crossing. Nassau Brass is the musical entertainment.
Saturday, July 11th:
- Doylestown Farmers’ Market, 7 am – Noon, Doylestown
- Plumsteadville Grange Farm Market, 9 am – 12 pm, Route 611 just north of Stump Road, Plumsteadville.
- Wrightstown Farmers’ Market, 9 am – 1 pm, Wrightstown.
- 2009 Field to Table Festival @ The Indian Valley Farmers’ Market, 10 am – 3 pm, Telford.
- Summer Festival @ Sand Castle Winery, 10 am – 6 pm, Erwinna.
- Lasagna Dinner @ Zion Lutheran Church, 4 – 7 pm, Zion Hill.
Sunday, July 12th:
- Saucon Valley Farmers’ Market, 9 am – 1 pm, Hellertown.
- Hunterdon Land Trust Farmers’ Market, 9 am – 1 pm, Flemington.
- Summer Festival @ Sand Castle Winery, 11 am – 6 pm, Erwinna.
- Sunday Funday: Corn Roast Festival @ Shady Brook Farm, 12 – 4 pm, Yardley.
- Sangria Sundays @ Chaddsford Winery, 1 – 4 pm, Lahaska.
- How Sweet It Is: Pairing Wine and Chocolate@ Crossing Vineyards and Winery, 2 – 4 pm, Washington Crossing.