Another lovely May weekend ahead. Can it be mid-May already??
As I mentioned earlier this week on the Web site, the Stockton Farmers’ Market is now also open on Fridays from 11 am to 7 pm, although with a smaller number of vendors than on the weekend. Still, you’ll be able to get produce, meat, cheese and baked goods for Friday night dinner. And Phillips’ Fine Wines is offering a beer tasting from 4 pm on this afternoon in honor of the new opening. If you can’t make it today, they are still open on Saturdays and Sundays. For details, see the calendar below.
Love covered bridges? How would you like to eat breakfast in one this Saturday morning? It’s really fun, and the food is good. We did it last year and had a blast. A full breakfast, and all proceeds go to the Bucks County Covered Bridge Society to help protect, preserve and promote covered bridges in Bucks County.
To market, to market. While the Indian Valley Farmers’ Market in Telford won’t be opening officially until June 26th, you can get a taste of it at the Country Creek Winery in Salford Township this Saturday. Nita-Baker?, Rising Sun Coffee Roasters and other vendors will be there offering their goods.
Today is the opening day of Bucks County’s newest market, Warrington Farmers’ Market at Valley Square Shopping Center. Saturday morning, Doylestown and Wrightstown Farmers’ Markets are now in full swing, offering spring greens, radishes, strawberries, cheeses, breads, meats, eggs and starter plants for your gardens. This coming week brings the opening of two more seasonal farmers’ markets in Lower Makefield and Springtown on Thursdays. New Hope opened their farmers’ market last Thursday too. Make sure to read about all the Bucks farmers’ markets coming this season at our post published last week.
And if you thought this weekend was full of good food and adult beverages, take a peek at next weekend. On Saturday, May 22, Carversville Day takes place from 10-4 pm. See our post from last year, and go enjoy this annual event, celebrating the village’s great community and talents (don’t miss the cookie contest). Also on next Saturday, Newtown Uncorked will celebrate the wines of Bucks County at the Newtown Swim Club with tastings from all Bucks County wineries and food offered by local restaurants. If wine isn’t your thing, check out the 2010 Yardley Beer Fest next Saturday too (burp).
Next Sunday, May 23 is the 3rd Annual Bucks County Chocolate Show. Magnificent, gourmet chocolates and things with chocolate in them! Sample, savor, buy and learn too (no, really). Bring the kids. Learn about how the cacao bean makes its way, from tree to chocolate, and our part in supporting fair trade chocolate. For more information, check out the show’s web site or our post about last year’s show.
And finally, the now famous CB Cares Celebrity Chef and Waiter Gala also takes place next Sunday at the Doylestown Country Club. This fun event with local “celebrity” chefs and waiters is not only delicious but a majority of the food for the event will be locally grown and produced. Proceeds benefit CB Cares.
For more details, please go to our full calendar, Food Events in Bucks County. Have a safe and fun weekend!
Friday, May 14th:
Forecast – Sunny, 84°
- Stockton Farmers’ Market, Stockton, NJ [11 am – 7 pm]
- Warrington Farmers’ Market @ Valley Square, Warrington [3 – 6 pm]
- Magic Hat Tasting @ B&B Beverages, Doylestown [4:30-6:30 pm]
- Spaghetti Dinner @ Delaware Valley Fire Co., Erwinna [5:30-7:30 pm]
- Dave Marion @ PA Soup & Seafood Co., The Main Street Marketplace, Doylestown [6-9 pm]
- The Taste of Summer @ The Cooking Cottage, Sellersville [6:30-8:30 pm]
- Barbara Trent @ The Centre Bridge Inn, New Hope [7 – 11 pm]
- Blue Jay & Bags @ Vader’s Bar & Grill, Southampton [8-11 pm]
- Bob Egan @ Bowman’s Tavern, New Hope [8 pm-12 am]
Saturday, May 15th:
Forecast – Windy, 76°
- Doylestown Farmers’ Market, Doylestown [7 am – 12 pm]
- Breakfast on the Bridge @ Lenape Park, Perkasie [8-11 am]
- Wrightstown Farmers’ Market, Wrightstown [9 am – 1 pm]
- Stockton Farmers’ Market, Stockton, NJ [9 am – 3 pm]
- Vegetable & Herb Gardening @ Rutgers Nursery, Ringoes, NJ [11 am-12 pm]
- Taste of the Market at Country Creek Winery, Souderton and Telford Boroughs [11 am – 3 pm]
- Wine Tasting @ Phillips’ Fine Wines, Stockton, NJ [12-5 pm]
- Melissa Martin Trio @ Vader’s Bar & Grill, Southampton [8-11 pm]
Sunday, May 16th:
Forecast – Sunny, 74°
- Breakfast Buffet @ Plumsteadville Fire Co., Plumsteadville [7 am – 12 pm]
- Breakfast @ Riegelsville Fire Company, Riegelsville [8 am-12:30 pm]
- Breakfast @ Sellersville Fire House, Sellersville [8 am-1 pm]
- Saucon Valley Farmers’ Market, Hellertown [9 am – 1 pm]
- Stockton Farmers’ Market, Stockton, NJ [10 am – 3 pm]
- Open Hearth Cooking Demonstration: Dairying @ Pennsbury Manor, Morrisville [1-4 pm]
- A Dummies Guide to Wine Tasting @ Crossing Vineyards, Washington Crossing [2-5 pm]
- Food & Wine Pairing @ Crossing Vineyards, Washington Crossing [5:30-7:30 pm]
Monday, May 17th:
- Secrets of the Chinese Wok @ Carlow Cookery, Doylestown [7-9 pm]
- Soupcon Salon by Kindle Café, Lambertville, NJ [7-9:15 pm]
Tuesday, May 18th:
- Summery Salads @ The Cooking Cottage, Sellersville [6:30-8:30 pm]
- Environmental & Health Aspects of “Buy Fresh, Buy Local,” Wrightstown [7-9 pm]
Wednesday, May 19th:
- American Legion Meals on Wednesdays, Quakertown [11:30 am-9 pm]
- Complimentary Beer Tasting @ the Copper Leaf Grill, Buckingham [5-9 pm]
- Mangare Napolitano Cooking Class @ Casa Casale, Lahaska [6:30-9 pm]
- How to Read & Understand Wine Labels @ Crossing Vineyards, Washington Crossing [7-9 pm]
Thursday, May 20th:
- Summery Salads @ The Cooking Cottage, Sellersville [10 am-12 pm]
- Lower Makefield Farmers’ Market, Yardley [3:30-6:30 pm]
- New Hope Farmers’ Market, New Hope [3:30-7 pm]
- Springtown Farmers’ Market, Springtown [4-7 pm]
- Lobster Night @ The Centre Bridge Inn, New Hope [6-10 pm]