The crocuses are popping up, the forsythia are starting to burst and the daffodils are getting ready . It can only mean one thing. Saint Patrick’s Day is approaching!
Those who are truly Irish tell me that yes, it is a great day to drink. More importantly, it’s about getting together with family and taking a minute to appreciate one’s heritage. Raise a glass because there are plenty ways to celebrate being Irish in Bucks County!
And if you’re not into celebrating St Pat’s Day, there’s plenty more going on to eat and drink on both sides of the river.
Irish Celebrations. If you are Irish, you know how important a true Irish celebration can be. This year, enjoy some St. Patrick’s Day specials all throughout Bucks County. Grab some friends or family, hold up a pint of Guinness, and toast to memories.
- Bucks County Brewery (Pipersville) is having an evening of great food, music, and beer this Thursday, March 17. The Love Truck is on site with a special menu for the day, and they will be adding Mulley’s Dry Irish Stout to their tap list. Doors open at 3 pm and music begins at 6 pm. Joe Hutchinson will be in the tasting room playing a selection of Irish tunes.
- Karlton Cafe (Quakertown) Come celebrate St. Patrick’s Day at the Karlton Cafe with live music, free beer and Irish food. For reservations call 215.5388.353 and check out their website for the Irish menu.
- McCoole’s Red Lion Inn (Quakertown) is having a select menu, bagpipes, and live music. Call 215.538.1776 for reservations. The inn is open on Thursdays from 11:30 am – 10:00 pm.
- Pineville Tavern (Pineville) will offer traditional Irish favorites like corned beef and cabbage and homemade Shepherd’s pie, but also several new additions to the menu that are Celtic-inspired. Also enjoy Guinness-marinated filet mignon and beer battered fish and chips. Guinness, whiskey, and other cocktails will be available, of course. These specials are available all day.
- Rising Sun Inn (Telford) is having an Irish celebration where the party starts at 4 pm. $3 Jameson shots and $5 Irish car bombs. Traditional Irish food will be served like ham and cabbage, corned beef and cabbage, and Shepherd’s pie. Their regular menu will be served a la carte.
And on the other side of the river…
Pizza. This Tuesday March, 15 try a new slice of pizza in another addition to the guest pizzaiolo series by Liberty Hall Pizza in Lambertville, NJ. The guest this time is Jay Rosen, master wine cellar builder, and he will be designing two pies. One is a white pie with Italian sausage, broccoli rabe, and fresh garlic; and a smoked salmon pizza with onions, capers and cream cheese.
“I thought it would be fun to be a guest pizzaiolo at one of my favorite pizzerias, so I asked owner Chris Bryan and Chris is giving me a shot!” said Rosen. The pizzeria is open Tuesdays through Sundays for dinner, as well as lunch on Saturdays and Sundays.
Wednesdays with Women. Who would have thought networking and food would make such a good pair? If you have yet to attend one of the Wednesdays for Women networking events at Hamilton’s Grill Room, this Wednesday, March 16 is your next chance. This event is all about women in finance, with guest Karen Aversano of Edward Jones Financial. Each evening begins at 6:30 pm with a twenty-minute presentation, followed by the three course dinner, including coffee or tea. Cost is $40 per person, tax and gratuity included. It’s also BYOB.
For more details on any of these events, please go to our full calendar, Food Events in Bucks County, or click the “continue reading” link below.
Follow Bucks County Taste on…
Eating in Hunterdon County? Check out our Food Events in Hunterdon County calendar too!
For more details on any of these events, please go to our full calendar, Food Events in Bucks County.
Follow Bucks County Taste on…
Want to know what’s happening in Hunterdon County? See our Food Events in Hunterdon County calendar.