If you’ve frequented the local weekly farmers’ markets (and some local farm markets,) you already know that buffalo are being raised in Bucks County and are available for your eating pleasure. Today’s Intelligencer has a great article on two buffalo farmers – Backyard Bison and Hillside Farms. Rod Wieder, whose herd of 50 buffalo grazes on his Springfield Township farm, talks in the article about the trend towards pastured, naturally raised meat. Wieder sells his bison meat every week at the Linden Hill Farmers’ Market in Ottsville (Fridays, 3:30 – 7:30 pm). Gary and B.J. Schuler raise their buffalo in Telford, selling it at their farm store. They also run The Rising Sun Inn, where bison is a mainstay of the menu.
Sign up for our newsletter!
Top Posts & Pages
- Food Events in Bucks County
- Zagat's 10 Best Waterside Restaurants...
- Bucks Food Calendar: December 6, 2013
- Breakfast in Bucks
- 2010 - Going out for the holidays in Bucks
- Where's the beef? And pork, and lamb, and chicken...
- Food Maps
- 2012 - Going out for the holidays in Bucks
- Local foodie gifts: Cool gift baskets
Looking for something?
Use the form below to search the site:
Still not finding what you're looking for? Drop a comment on a post or contact us so we can take care of it!