It’s that time again. Local towns are bringing back their “restaurant weeks” so they can showcase their
variety of eateries and bring new (and returning) customers to the town. This March is just bustling with restaurant weeks, so we compiled a list of where to dine and what specials you’ll find.
Bristol. Historic Bristol Borough is just one borough that’s known for its restaurant scene. Visitors can sample one or more of the borough’s dining establishments during the town’s very first restaurant week, which started on March 3 and is ending this Wednesday, March 10.
Restaurant goers have taken to the Dining and Entertainment in Historic Bristol Borough’s Facebook page to share what foods they’ve been trying and what they recommend for newcomers. Check it out for yourself:
Went to Cafe Bombay to kick off restaurant
week. Loved the sampler platter, I never would have tried the seafood myself but it was delicious…everything was delicious — Jennifer
Flemington. The Flemington Business Improvement District’s (BID) Restaurant Week returned this Monday, March 7 and will end on March 13. There is quite the lineup this year, and the Flemington Restaurant Association invites the community to come out to enjoy a good deal on a great meal. This year, it has expanded to include members and restaurants in Raritan Township who pay dues to be part of this group. Call the restaurant directly to make reservations, and be sure to check with each restaurant about their special menus and hours. Restaurant week doesn’t typically include beverage, tax or gratuity.
The featured restaurants include:
- Matt’s Red Rooster Grill: Contemporary American BYOB restaurant offering three courses for $33
- Mangia Bene: Italian grill and bar offering four courses for $26.95
- Teaberry’s Tea Room: Victorian home restored to a lovely tea room offering $25 afternoon tea service
- Garden State Salad: Owner Saundra Scott serves up healthy lunches, enjoy a special luncheon on Saturday, March 12 from 11 am – 3 pm
- Market Roost: Focused on creative cooking and catering, offering three courses for $20
- Caffe Cicchetti: Tapas bar and Italian restaurant, offering three courses for $29
- The Grill Shack: Great burgers and chicken sandwiches, with vegan and vegetarian options. Contact the restaurant for their specials.
Other participating restaurants include: Greensleeves Bakery, where you can get a free cup of coffee with the purchase of a morning pastry; Shaker Cafe, where you can get soup, a sandwich and a fountain drink for $9.95; Chive & Thyme, 10% off your entire lunch; Theresa’s Cafe, where you can get a free beverage with purchase of breakfast or lunch with mention of restaurant week; Main Street Bagel; Chik-Fil-A, and Brunello Trattoria, where you can get a three course lunch for $19.95 and a three course dinner for $29.95.
Lahaska. Later this month, celebrate the 3rd Annual Lahaska Restaurant Week from March 20 through March 26. Special $30 prix fixe menus will be offered at participating restaurants throughout the week.
- Caleb’s American Kitchen for a twist on American cuisine with dishes like as carrot ginger soup and lamb shank
- Villaggio Cucina for traditional Italian dishes like penne alla vodka and chicken parmigiana. End your meal with homemade tiramisu or limoncello mascarpone cake
- Porterhouse Restaurant & Pub for a steakhouse experience of strip steak scampi or roasted prime rib and finish with delicious bread pudding or chocolate mousse
- Peddler’s Village has extended Lahaska Restaurant Week through Saturday, March 26 at both the Buttonwood Grill and Cock n’ Bull Restaurant. For brunch, The Inn at Barley Sheaf Farm for apple cinnamon pancakes and eggs Benedict.
New Hope/Lambertville. Also during that week, check out the restaurant scene in New Hope, Lambertville and others during the Delaware River Towns 2016 Restaurant Week from March 20 – 24. Participating restaurants are offering prix fixe menus ranging from $20 – $35.
The Delaware River towns have cuisine ranging from Creole and Mediterranean to French and New American. Here’s where to find food:
- Golden Pheasant Inn: Enjoy a meal along the Delaware Canal at the Golden Pheasant. They have a special menu this week, including potato leek soup and sustainable red grilled snapper! Try it through March 20 – 23.
- Marsha Brown: A refined Creole kitchen and lounge in a 125 year old church in New Hope. Try dishes jambalaya and catfish.
- Logan Inn Bed & Breakfast: Mediterranean inspired food like steak, chops, and a raw bar. Also try the crab cakes and short ribs
- Lambertville House Hotel: Stay at the inn or taste small plates, cheeses, and a menu that changes frequently.
Please Support Our Advertisers
- Bakers (8)
- Charity (56)
- Cookbooks (19)
- Events (641)
- Farm Markets (302)
- Farms (259)
- Food Quotes (1)
- Holidays (149)
- Local Color (61)
- Other Places (23)
- Other Things About Food (174)
- People (35)
- Recipes (108)
- Restaurants (505)
- Retail stores (13)
- Sweets (83)
- Tweets (299)
- Uncategorized (13)
- Vegetarian/Vegan (40)
- Vineyards, Breweries and Bars (270)