What a lovely weekend! This week is filled with a few rainstorms, but you know what they say—April showers bring May flowers.
In between the rain and sun, there is plenty of spring-y events to look forward to in the coming weeks. Outdoor farm markets are reopening for the season, restaurants are opening up their patios and outdoor dining areas, and there are so many new spring menu items to try. Hooray!
Jim Hamilton’s Atelier Cooking Class. Join fellow foodies at Hamilton’s Grill Room for Jim Hamilton’s Atelier Cooking Class this Tuesday, April 4 at 6:30 pm. This month’s cooking class presents Dish Catering’s spring additions. While you are there, enjoy complimentary wines, and sample flavors like seared scallops with bacon, poached asparagus, and radish and citrus salad. Email here to reserve.
Zeit für Schnitzel! Join the United German Hungarians in Bensalem for Schnitzel Night at the club. The dinner is $11 for adults and $5 for children, dessert is available for purchase. Plus, there is a fully stocked cash bar. The dinner includes schnitzel (pork), red cabbage, and spaetzle (dumplings) and two sides (which change every month) plus a salad, bread and butter, coffee or tea. Dinner begins at 5:30 pm.
Grow your own garden. It’s almost that time of year, where gardeners pull up their gloves and tend to the fresh spring soil. This week’s program from the Bucks County Foodshed Alliance presents “100 Ways to Build a Garden,” a viewing and discussion of short films focussing on different methods for creating a garden. So all you green thumbs out there, head down to the Free Library of Northampton Township in Richboro, PA. This is a free event. For more information, call 215.621.8967.
Bourbon tasting event. The Mansion Inn is hosting a bourbon dinner featuring five Bourbons from Buffalo Trace Distillery. This evening of fine bourbon whiskey will pair well with a six-course dinner, featuring menu items like duck pastrami Reuben sliders, and bourbon-brined pork tenderloin.
Guests are welcome to arrive at 6:30, because the event begins promptly at 7 pm on Thursday, April 6. In addition, there will be cocktails and a cigar sample offering from the Little Taste of Cuba. The evening is $95 per person. RSVP by calling 267.740.7153 or see online.
On the radar…
- Homestead Farm Market in Lambertville will reopen on April 7 for another season of fresh produce and tasty food. The market will offer new ready-made homestyle suppers. Choose from items like Roz’s homemade meatballs, turkey Bolognese and vegetarian chili. They’ll also make daily favorites like poached salmon, grilled London broil and more, all in the market’s deli case.
- Brian’s, also in Lambertville, is welcoming spring with a Spring Tasting Dinner on Tuesday, April 11 at 6:30 pm. It’s a prix fixe dinner for $75, complete with fresh and luxurious pairings. Start with a wild mushroom “tea” thyme infusion, and end with a shot of Valona hot chocolate; and that’s just a sample of the full eight-course menu. Verify a reservation by phone; call 609.460.4148. Brian’s is BYOB and cash only.
- McCoole’s at the Red Lion Inn is bringing back its home-brew competition as part of the McCoole’s Beer Fest. Bring your three entries to a drop off point before April 21 to be considered. All the details are here.
And, for more details on any of these events, please go to our full calendar, Food Events in Bucks County, or click the “continue reading” link below.
Follow Bucks County Taste on…
Eating in Hunterdon County? Check out our Food Events in Hunterdon County calendar too!
For more details on any of these events, please go to our full calendar, Food Events in Bucks County.
Follow Bucks County Taste on…
Want to know what’s happening in Hunterdon County? See our Food Events in Hunterdon County calendar.
Please Support Our Advertisers
- Bakers (8)
- Charity (56)
- Cookbooks (19)
- Events (654)
- Farm Markets (311)
- Farms (260)
- Food Quotes (1)
- Holidays (149)
- Local Color (61)
- Other Places (23)
- Other Things About Food (174)
- People (35)
- Recipes (108)
- Restaurants (515)
- Retail stores (13)
- Sweets (83)
- Tweets (299)
- Uncategorized (13)
- Vegetarian/Vegan (40)
- Vineyards, Breweries and Bars (275)