One of America’s favorite holidays is this weekend, and yes, we do consider it a holiday. It’s time for Super Bowl 50! Yet another excuse to gorge on delicious food. Wings, nachos, fried food, beer—you name it. Gearing up to the big game, make sure you stay occupied with some great food events in the area, and don’t forget to pick up your Super Bowl snacks— locally.
1. Beer Tasting
Friday, Feb. 5, 5 pm, The Washington House Restaurant, 24 West Temple Avenue, Sellersville, PA
If you like beer and you’re looking to try something different, come to The Washington House Restaurant for a tasting featuring the New Belgium Brewing Company. New Belgium began operations in a tiny Fort Collins, CO basement in 1991. Today, it’s the third largest craft brewer in the U.S. and produces seven-year round beers.
Want to watch the game with some locally brewed beers? Find them on our Beer Map here.
2. Foodie First Friday
You’ve probably heard about Foodie First Friday in Doylestown by now. And if you haven’t, it’s time for you to check it out. This Friday evening head into Doylestown to celebrate culture, community and cuisine. Many of the restaurants have specials for the celebration so try a restaurant you’ve never been to, or stop by your usual place and enjoy your favorites. Here are a few restaurants and food shops to try. For a full list of participating restaurants, click here:
- Villa Capri: This is the oldest pizza place in Doylestown. Stop in for a drink, grab a slice of pizza, or try out some of their great appetizers or entrees. My personal fav, their cannoli.
- Sabrosa Taqueria: A passion for cooking started with a great-great aunt, and so, a little place that serves tacos was born. Try a signature taco or make your own. By the way, “sabrosa” means tasty.
- Doc Bakers Farmulations: I stopped in here one time and I immediately felt healthier. This place is great for juice cleanses, vegan/vegetarian diets. And, if you want to start a detox, this is a local place to stop by.
3. Super Bowl Bucks County Style
Let’s kick it off with some great Super Bowl specials, that you can find locally. It’s not a Super Bowl party if you’re just munching on plain Lays and yesterday’s guacamole.
- Hickory Kitchen: Place your order by today, Thursday, February 4, for some of the best wings in town, along with eight house made sauces like Carolina Mustard BBQ, Maple Chipotle BBQ and Cilantro-Lime BBQ. Or order their pulled pork with some amazing cornbread. But for those who aren’t into wings—or meat, for that matter—Hickory Kitchen has lots of options. See their menu here. Call 215.348.5170.
- Christine’s in Yardley: Place your order by this Saturday, February 6 for a tray of assorted hoagies, two Italian, two turkey, and one ham and cheese, for $27.99. Order 25 wings at $24.99 or 50 $44.99.
- Peace Valley Winery: The winery is open from 12 – 5 pm this weekend on Saturday and Sunday, hosting a “super” weekend pre-game event. They will have Super Bowl snacks to sample, and they will show you how to pair each snack with wine (because who says you have to drink beer?). Recipes will also be available and there is a sale on Lazy Dog Hard Cider—10% off from Friday through Sunday.
- The Tubby Olive in Doylestown: The Tubby Olive is having an early Super Bowl party on Saturday, February 6 from 2 – 4 pm. Join guest Chef Joe Urban and sample his chili, truffle popcorn, and other snacks. Easy fixings for the big game!
- The Rising Sun Inn: Order a variety of wings for the Super Bowl from Rising Sun Inn. It’s $9.95 for a dozen, $17.25 for 25 wings, and $29.95 for 50 wings. Flavors include mild, hot, BBQ, Chesapeake, honey siracha, Thai chili teriyaki, and garlic. Call 215.723.6350 to order. Also, you can party at the Inn for the big game, with happy hour drink specials, and a buffet during halftime.
- Empanada Mama: Empanadas make the perfect snack, and they’re easy to hold while you’re jumping up and down at the TV for the game. Empanada Mama is serving a menu for the game, with empanadas like coach’s Philly cheese steak, BBQ pulled pork, and loaded baked potato. Call 215.230.3330 to order.
Want BBQ for the big game? Check out our post, Super Bowl BBQ.
4. Murder Mystery Dinner
Saturday, Feb. 6, 6 pm, The Hattery Stove & Still, 18 W. State St, Doylestown, PA
Dinner and a show? The Doylestown Inn is hosting its first Murder Mystery Three Course Dinner on Saturday, February 6 at 6 pm. For the first course you can choose from soup du jour or a spring mix green salad. The second course choices are penne marinara, pan roasted salmon, or bone-in chicken breast. The third course, dessert, includes creme brulee or flourless chocolate cake. The cost is $75 per person, and ask about their special weekend hotel rates. Call 215.432.4012.
5. Soup Days
Saturday, Feb. 6, 11 am – 2 pm, Dublin Fire Company, 194 N. Main Street, Dublin, PA
Soup Days at the Dublin Fire Company are scheduled on Saturdays from 11 am – 2 pm. This next event is Saturday, February 6. This is the second to last soup day, with the last of the season in March. The eat-in menu includes a bowl of vegetable, ham and bean or chicken noodle soup, crackers, beverage, and dessert for $5. Additional sandwiches, hot dogs and other items are available. Soup is also sold by the quart for pickup or take-home.
LET’S GO SUPER BOWL 50!
Have a great weekend!
Want to know what’s happening in Hunterdon County? See our Food Events in Hunterdon County calendar.
If you liked this post, check out these:
Please Support Our Advertisers
- Bakers (7)
- Charity (54)
- Cookbooks (19)
- Events (612)
- Farm Markets (301)
- Farms (258)
- Food Quotes (1)
- Holidays (145)
- Local Color (61)
- Other Places (23)
- Other Things About Food (171)
- People (35)
- Recipes (106)
- Restaurants (472)
- Retail stores (13)
- Sweets (81)
- Tweets (299)
- Uncategorized (13)
- Vegetarian/Vegan (40)
- Vineyards, Breweries and Bars (253)