Well, not together. But I wanted to give you a heads-up about two events coming on Saturday, April 30, 2011.
The Bucks County Housing Group will be hosting its first Mothers Day Tea at Tyler Mansion on the campus of Bucks County Community College in Newtown. You’ll have the afternoon to spend at the Tyler Mansion, roaming around the beautiful gardens and historic interior. Enjoy custom tea blends and sweet and savory treats while you visit local artisans and crafters. It will be a great place to find the perfect gift for Mom – or yourself. Have some fun and take a chance on a raffle item; all proceeds will go to support BCHG and their mission to serve homeless and low-income families in Bucks County. Click here to order tickets ahead of time. Learn more at their website or at the fun blog, BucksMontStyle. The event takes place from 1:00 – 4:00 pm.
And chocolate! Yes, it’s that time again! The Fourth Annual Bucks County Chocolate Show, also taking place on April 30th, at the New Hope Eagle Fire Company from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm. Learn, explore…and indulge in some of the finest chocolates and artisanal foods. This is chocolate heaven! Come taste and see…
- Antidote Chocolates: Their flavors are a blend of sweet and savory notes through spices, flowers and fruits. Made from ‘bean to bar’ with a unique blend of 50/50 raw and roasted ‘Arriba Nacional’ cacao from farms in the Ecuadorian Amazon. Organic, vegan and gluten free.
- Barbara’s Butter Crunch: Hand-made with the finest ingredients flavors including ‘soft toffee’ flavors, like Milk chocolate with pecans, Dark chocolate with cashews, Chocolate toffee with dark chocolate and almonds and premium white chocolate with macademia nuts and cranberries.
- Chevaliers d’Argouges: Handcrafted fine chocolates, using 100% pure cocoa butter.
- Didi’s Chocolates: Handmade Belgian chocolate confections combining delicious flavors and fillings in creative all-natural recipes from acclaimed Bucks County Head Pastry Chef Dorothy “Didi” Mercier.
- Half Pint Kitchen Ice Cream & Sorbet: Artisanal ice cream and sorbet made with local, pasteurized dairy and cage-free eggs in Stockton, NJ
- Kallari Chocolates: Grown and harvested by a cooperative of 850 indigenous Kichwa farmers in the Ecuadorian Amazon. One hundred percent of the profits from sales of this award winning single-source organic chocolate bar return to the cooperative.
- Laurie’s Chocolates: For over 9 years creating artisan chocolate confections, using high quality varietal chocolates and cocoas. Located right in the heart of Bucks County, using local wines for their Merlot and Cabernet Truffles, butter, cream and honey. Specialties include Truffles, Buckeyes, Toffee & Caramel with Sea Salt, and Hot Cocoa mixes.
- Valrhona Baking Chocolate: Home cooks, bakers and chocolate aficionados are invited to learn the secrets of the word’s great chefs with the Valrhona Baking Chocolate Range.
There will also be other gourmet food and cooking vendors exhibiting, as well as the Journey of the Pod, a multi-media exhibit about the cacoa pod, the people who grow it, and how it becomes the chocolate we all know and love. For tickets and more information, see their website.