I’ll admit it. I’m a bit frazzled, so I hope you’ll forgive me for a brief round-up. So much going on this week what with the holidays and all. Passover begins Monday night (and I still don’t know what the main dish is; Mom and I are still in negotiations). Good Friday is coming up and Easter is April 24th. Yikes. But it IS spring! Finally.
This Saturday evening I will be a guest speaker at the Spring Wine Farm-to-Table Dinner at Crossing Vineyards in Washington Crossing, so I’m working on my crib notes. If you are interested in joining us, there may be seats left, so just click here to see the menu and here to buy tickets. Hope to see you there!
Also on Saturday, the first seasonal farmers’ market opens in Bucks County. Welcome Doylestown Farmers’ Market! Sort of like seeing the first robin. The market opens at 7 am and goes until 12 pm, at W. State & Hamilton Sts. Did you know that the Doylestown Market began in 1979? It is a local producer-only market sponsored by the Buckingham Township Civic Association. Be sure to drop by and pick up some spring greens, baked goods and other local food.
Planet Smoothie in Doylestown is sponsoring a cupcake bake sale on Saturday, with cupcakes donated by The Lucky Cupcake Company in Plumsteadville. At the event, called Cupcakes for Kids, kids will be able to decorate their own cupcakes. All the proceeds will go to www.sixtyfeet.org to help orphans have a better life in Uganda.
Don’t have anywhere to go for the second seder of Passover on Tuesday night? Come on by the Lambertville Rescue Squad and join the community of Kehilat HaNahar (The Little Shul by the River) to celebrate Passover. It’s a lot of fun, with tons of good food. And if you’ve never been slapped with a scallion before, you really must come. All-you-can-eat matzah! Registration begins at 5:30 pm and the seder gets underway at 6 pm. Happy Holiday!
Don’t know what to do for Easter? Everyone in the family arguing over who will make the meal? Why not go out? See our post on where to eat out for Easter in Bucks and nearby.
For more details on any of these events, please go to our full calendar, Food Events in Bucks County. Have a lovely weekend.
Friday, April 15:
- Tax Relief Tasting @ Unionville Vineyards, Ringoes, NJ [12 – 5 pm]
- Stockton Farmers’ Market, Stockton, NJ [1 – 7 pm]
- Beer Tasting @ Phillips’ Fine Wines, Stockton, NJ [4 – 6 pm]
- Fish Fry @ Riegelsville Fire Company, Riegelsville [5 – 7 pm]
- Lenten Fish Fry @ Columbia Fire Co., Lambertville, NJ [5 – 7:30 pm]
- Friday Wine & Music @ Hopewell Valley Vineyards, Pennington, NJ [5 – 8 pm]
- Wine Tasting for Singles @ Crossing Vineyards, Washington Crossing [7 – 9 pm]
- A Tasting Tour of Spain @ Crossing Vineyards, Washington Crossing [7 – 9 pm]
- Barbara Trent @ The Centre Bridge Inn, New Hope [7 – 11 pm]
- Kindle Cafe Supper Club at Rojo’s Roastery, Lambertville, NJ [7:30 – 9:30 pm]
Saturday, April 16:
- Doylestown Farmers’ Market, Doylestown [7 am – 12 pm]
- Stockton Farmers’ Market, Stockton, NJ [9 am – 4 pm]
- Flint Hill Farm Open House, Coopersburg [10 am – 4 pm]
- Wine 101: From Vine to Glass – Alba Vineyard, Milford, NJ [10:30 – 12:30 pm]
- Cupcakes for Kids (fundraiser) @ Planet Smoothie, Doylestown [12 – 4 pm]
- Wine Tasting @ Phillips’ Fine Wines, Stockton, NJ [12 – 6 pm]
- Planning & Launching Your Kitchen Garden @ Tinicum Herb Barn, Erwinna [1 – 3 pm]
- Shad Fishing Seminar @ Mueller’s Country Store & Restaurant, Riegelsville [2 – 5 pm]
- Beer Tasting @ New Hope Beverage, New Hope [3 – 7 pm]
- Saturday Wine & Music @ Hopewell Valley Vineyards, Pennington [5 – 8 pm]
- Dinner @ Cafe Blue Moose, Buckingham (address provided with reservation) [7 – 9 pm]
- Sweet Wine & Dessert Pairing @ Chaddsford Winery, Lahaska [7 – 9 pm]
- Spring Farm-to-Table Dinner @ Crossing Vineyards, Washington Crossing [7:30 – 9:30 pm]
Sunday, April 17:
- Breakfast @ Perkasie Fire Co., Perkasie [7:30 am – 12:30 pm]
- Milford Lions Club Breakfast Buffet, Milford, NJ [7:30 am – 12:30 pm]
- Breakfast @ Riegelsville Fire Company, Riegelsville [8 am – 12:30 pm]
- Breakfast @ Silverdale Fire Company, Silverdale [8 am – 1 pm]
- Stockton Farmers’ Market, Stockton, NJ [10 am – 4 pm]
- Roast Beef Dinner @ Stockton Fire Co., Stockton, NJ [12 – 5 pm]
- A Dummies Guide to Wine Tasting @ Crossing Vineyards, Washington Crossing [2 – 4 pm]
Monday, April 18:
- Soupcon Salon by Kindle Cafe @ Manon, Lambertville, NJ [7 – 9:15 pm]
Tuesday, April 19:
- Community Passover Seder, Lambertville, NJ [5:30 – 9 pm]
- Cook & Eat Healthy, Doylestown Township [6 – 8 pm]
Wednesday, April 20:
- Pennridge HS Student Council’s Annual Spring Breakfast, Perkasie [6 – 7:15 am]
- Pierogy Wednesdays @ St. Anne Ukrainian, Warrington [9 am – 12 pm]
- American Legion Meals on Wednesdays, Quakertown [11:30 am – 9 pm]
- Complimentary Beer Tasting @ the Copper Leaf Grill, Buckingham [5 – 9 pm]
Thursday, April 21:
- Easter Egg Hunt @ Shady Brook Farm, Yardley [11 am – 4 pm]
- New Hope Winter Farmers’ Market, New Hope [3 – 5 pm]
- Sushi Night in the Wine Cellar – The Inn at Lambertville Station, Lambertville, NJ [6 – 10 pm]