Can you believe it? The last week in March? Next Friday is April Fools’ Day. Are you ready?
This will be a short post because…well, it’s getting late. But here are my “food picks” for this week. If I didn’t have to consider time, money and chubbiness, I’d go to all of them. See our Food Events calendar for the details.
Fish Fry dinners – at both the Columbia Firehouse in Lambertville and in Riegelsville at their firehouse, both on Friday night.
Kindle Cafe Dinner at Rojo’s Roastery, also on Friday night – to balance out the unhealthy stuff at the Fish Frys.
Spaghetti Dinners and such. Start in Doylestown at the Masonic Lodge for a Spaghetti Dinner on Saturday afternoon, drive over to Chalfont for the Family Ham Dinner at the Chalfont United Methodist Church. Then up to Quakertown for the Pork & Sauerkraut Dinner at the Emmanuel Episcopal Church, finishing off with another All-you-can-eat Spaghetti Dinner at Quakertown High School. These are all on Saturday. On second thought, maybe one should bike this instead of driving.
Firehouse breakfasts and such. Three are scheduled for this Sunday – in Warrington, Quakertown and Stockton. Why not hit the Stockton breakfast, then stroll over to the Stockton Farm Market to shop? Sounds like a plan to me.
Pierogies for Wednesday night dinner. Call up St. Anne’s Ukrainian Church in Warrington on Wednesday morning, order a couple dozen freshly made pierogies, pick ’em up in the afternoon and dinner is almost done. Throw on some Italian sauce or sauté them with onions, butter and some greens. Call the church at 215.343.9809.
Scotch Dinner at Earl’s Bucks County. You know I love single malt Scotch. How about a a five-course Scotch dinner featuring Laphroaig & Ardmore single malt scotches with guest speaker, Jesse “Keeper of the Peat” Fabian? It’s this Thursday, March 31, at 7 pm. Call Earl’s for rez at 215.794.4020.
Save-the-date. Saturday, April 16th yours truly will be the featured guest and guide at a Spring Farm-to-Table Dinner at Crossing Vineyards in Washington Crossing. Emily’s Café & Catering will be preparing a delicious meal, filled with locally sourced food (yes, even in April!). The five-course gourmet meal will of course be paired with Crossing Vineyards’ internationally-acclaimed wines. For more details and to sign-up, go to their website.
For more details on any of these events, please go to our full calendar, Food Events in Bucks County. Have a delicious weekend.
Friday, March 25:
- Stockton Farmers’ Market, Stockton, NJ [11 am – 7 pm]
- Beer Tasting @ Phillips’ Fine Wines, Stockton, NJ [4 – 6 pm]
- Fish Fry @ Riegelsville Fire Company, Riegelsville [5 – 7 pm]
- Lenten Fish Fry @ Columbia Fire Co., Lambertville, NJ [5 – 7:30 pm]
- Friday Wine & Music @ Hopewell Valley Vineyards, Pennington, NJ [5 – 8 pm]
- 2nd Annual New Hope-Lambertville Restaurant Week – New Hope, PA and Lambertville, NJ restaurants
- Barbara Trent @ The Centre Bridge Inn, New Hope [7 – 11 pm]
- Kindle Cafe Supper Club at Rojo’s Roastery, Lambertville, NJ [7:30 – 9:30 pm]
- All That Jazz – Jazz Night @ Crossing Vineyards, Washington Crossing [8 – 10 pm]
Saturday, March 26:
- Pancake Fundraiser @ Applebee’s (Q’town), Quakertown [8 – 10 am]
- Stockton Farmers’ Market, Stockton, NJ [9 am – 3 pm]
- Wine 101: From Vine to Glass – Alba Vineyard, Milford, NJ [10:30 – 12:30 pm]
- Wine Tasting @ Phillips’ Fine Wines, Stockton, NJ [12 – 6 pm]
- Beer Tasting @ New Hope Beverage, New Hope [3 – 7 pm]
- Spaghetti Dinner @ Doylestown Masonic Lodge, Doylestown [4 – 7 pm]
- Family Ham Dinner @ Chalfont United Methodist Church, Chalfont [4 – 7 pm]
- Pork & Sauerkraut Dinner @ Emmanuel Episcopal Church, Quakertown [4 – 7 pm]
- All-you-can-eat Spaghetti Dinner, Quakertown [4 – 8 pm]
- Saturday Wine & Music @ Hopewell Valley Vineyards, Pennington [5 – 8 pm]
- Dinner @ Cafe Blue Moose, Buckingham (address provided with reservation) [7 – 9 pm]
Sunday, March 27:
- Breakfast Buffet @ Father Gallen Council 5494, Warrington [7:30 – 11 am]
- Breakfast @ Haycock Fire Company, Quakertown [8 am – 12 pm]
- Breakfast @ Stockton Fire Co., Stockton, NJ [8 am – 12 pm]
- Stockton Farmers’ Market, Stockton, NJ [10 am – 3 pm]
Monday, March 28:
- Evening in the Colonial Kitchen @ Cock n’ Bull, Lahaska [5 – 9 pm]
- Wine 101 – Class #4 – White Wine, Washington Crossing [6:30 – 8:30 pm]
Tuesday, March 29:
- 2-for-$25 Tuesday @ Vintage Grille, Doylestown [4 – 10 pm]
- Kitchen Knife Skills and More, Horsham [6:45 – 9 pm]
Wednesday, March 30:
- Pierogy Wednesdays @ St. Anne Ukrainian, Warrington [9 am – 12 pm]
- American Legion Meals on Wednesdays, Quakertown [11:30 am – 9 pm]
- Complimentary Beer Tasting @ the Copper Leaf Grill, Buckingham [5 – 9 pm]
Thursday, March 31:
- Sushi Night in the Wine Cellar – The Inn at Lambertville Station, Lambertville, NJ [6 – 10 pm]
- Nutrition 101: How, what and when to eat!, New Britain [6:30 – 8 pm]
- Scotch Dinner @ Earl’s Bucks County, Lahaska [7 – 9:30 pm]
Please Support Our Advertisers
- Bakers (8)
- Charity (56)
- Cookbooks (19)
- Events (662)
- Farm Markets (315)
- Farms (261)
- Food Quotes (1)
- Holidays (152)
- Local Color (61)
- Other Places (23)
- Other Things About Food (173)
- People (35)
- Recipes (109)
- Restaurants (518)
- Retail stores (13)
- Sweets (83)
- Tweets (299)
- Uncategorized (13)
- Vegetarian/Vegan (40)
- Vineyards, Breweries and Bars (276)