Ok. I’ll say it. This is killing me. Sitting inside at the computer on this absolutely magnificent day. This is going to be short, folks. The backyard is calling to me. Also, there is lots going on this weekend. Here are the highlights…
Welcome Plumsteadville Grange Market, opening for the season tomorrow, Saturday, June 4, from 9 am to 12 pm. The Plumsteadville Grange is located right on Route 611, just north of the intersection of Stump Road. For more information, see their website.
Have you heard? Local strawberries are finally here! Check out our post on where to find them and pick your own in Bucks County. I just picked up some nice ones at the Center Farm in Furlong. Also, stop by both Shady Brook Farm and the Market at Del Val this weekend for their annual Strawberry Festivals. Both take place on Sunday, June 4 from 11 am to 4 pm.
Tidbits. I spoke with John Fezzuoglio of oWowCow Creamery. He says the new store in Wrightstown at Carousel Village will probably open in 3-4 weeks…Sleeping Beauty will be coming to Chubby’s Dairy Barn in Plumsteadville on Sunday to tell stories and sign autographs (who knew?). Girls are welcome to dress up (I think they mean female children).
Coming next week. On Saturday, June 11, the Homestead General Store in Upper Black Eddy will hold their 3rd Annual Coffee & Crafts Festival from 11 am to 4 pm…The 2nd annual BBQ Cookoff for a Cure will take place at the Hatfield American Legion, in Hatfield from 12 to 6 pm (I know it’s not Bucks Co, but it’s a good cause and sounds delicious)…On Sunday, June 12, there will be a Benefit Dinner for A Woman’s Place from 5 – 9 pm at the Copper Leaf Grill, 4950 York Rd, Buckingham, Pa .
For more details on any of these events, please go to our full calendar, Food Events in Bucks County. Have a beautiful, relaxing weekend.
Friday, June 3:
- Stockton Farmers’ Market, Stockton, NJ [1-7 pm]
- Ottsville Farmers’ Market, Linden Hill Gardens, Ottsville [4-8 pm]
- Beer Tasting, Phillips’ Fine Wines, Stockton, NJ [4-6 pm]
- First Friday Crabfest! @ Vintage Grille, Doylestown [4 – 10 pm]
- Friday Wine & Music @ Hopewell Valley Vineyards, Pennington, NJ [5-8 pm]
- Asian Pear Wines & Dessert Sampling @Wine & Spirits Store, Newtown [5:30 – 7:30 pm]
- Barrel Tappings @ Triumph Brewing Co., New Hope [6:00 – 7:00 pm]
- First Friday in Perkasie – Perkasie [6 pm – 9 pm]
- Pink Day Preview Party (fundraiser) @ The Market by Shady Brook Farm, Doylestown [6 – 9 pm]
- Wine Concert Series @ The Market at DelVal, Doylestown [6 pm–9 pm]
- Wine Concert Series @ Shady Brook Farm, Yardley [6 pm–9 pm]
- First Fridays in Doylestown – Doylestown [6 – 9:30 pm]
- LOBSTAH! (class) @ The Cooking Cottage, Sellersville [6:30 – 8:30 pm]
- 23rd Tyler Tasting Party at the Tyler Mansion, Newtown [6:30 – 9:30 pm]
- Summer Fireworks in New Hope/Lambertville – New Hope, PA & Lambertville, NJ [9:30 – 10:30 pm]
Saturday, June 4:
- Doylestown Farmers’ Market, Doylestown [7 am-12 pm]
- Plumsteadville Grange Farm Market, Plumsteadville [9 am – 12 pm]
- Wrightstown Farmers’ Market, Wrightstown [9 am-1 pm]
- Stockton Farmers’ Market, Stockton, NJ [9 am-4 pm]
- Free Knife Sharpening @ Carlow Cookery, Doylestown [11 am – 2 pm]
- Pink Day (fundraiser) – The Market by Shady Brook Farm, Doylestown [11 am – 7 pm]
- Wine Tasting @ Phillips’ Fine Wines, Stockton, NJ [12-6 pm]
- Hampton BrewFest @ Phoenix Sports Club, Feasterville [1 – 5 pm]
- Beer Tasting @ New Hope Beverage, New Hope [3-7 pm]
- Spaghetti Dinner @ Riegelsville Fire Company, Riegelsville [4 – 7pm]
- Lobster Fest @ Trinity Episcopal Church, Solebury [4 – 8 pm]
- Saturday Wine & Music @ Hopewell Valley Vineyards, Pennington [5-8 pm]
Sunday, June 5:
- Hunterdon Land Trust Farmers’ Market, Flemington, NJ [9 am-1 pm]
- Stockton Farmers’ Market, Stockton, NJ [10 am-4 pm]
- Chicken BBQ @ Chalfont Fire Co., Chalfont [11 am – 4 pm]
- Strawberry Festival @ The Market at DelVal, Doylestown [11 am – 4 pm]
- Strawberry Festival @ Shady Brook Farm, Yardley [11 am – 4 pm]
- Hunt for wild wood sorrel with Wildman Steve Brill, Huntingdon Valley [1 – 3 pm]
- Music @ Villa Milagro Vineyards, Finesville, NJ [2 – 5 pm]
- Sleeping Beauty @ Chubby’s Dairy Barn, Plumsteadville [6:30 – 8 pm]
Monday, June 6:
- Complimentary Wine Tasting @ Yardley Inn, Yardley [5 – 8 pm]
- Maize’s Matthew McPhelin (class) – SOLD OUT @ The Cooking Cottage, Sellersville [6:30 – 8:30 pm]
- Soupcon Salon by Kindle Cafe @ Manon, Lambertville, NJ [7 – 9:15 pm]
Tuesday, June 7:
- Langhorne Farmers’ Market, Langhorne [3:30 – 6:30 pm]
- Summery Salads (class) @ The Cooking Cottage, Sellersville [6:30 – 8:30 pm]
- Chicken 101 (class) @ Yardley Inn, Yardley, PA
- Gluten Free / Healthy Living Support Group, Langhorne [7 – 9 pm]
- Cooking the CSA way with Kathy D’Addario, Horsham [7 – 9 pm]
Wednesday, June 8:
- Pierogy Wednesdays @ St. Anne Ukrainian, Warrington [9 am – 12 pm]
- The Farmers’ Market @ Playwicki Farm, Feasterville [4 – 7 pm]
- Global Dinner @ The Cafe at Rosemont, Rosemont, NJ [5 – 8 pm]
- Complimentary Beer Tasting @ the Copper Leaf Grill, Buckingham [5 – 9 pm]
- Schnitzel Night @ United German Hungarians Club, Bensalem [5:30 – 7:30 pm]
Thursday, June 9:
- Summery Salads (class) @ The Cooking Cottage, Sellersville [10 am -12 pm]
- New Hope Farmers’ Market, New Hope [2:30-6:30 pm]
- Lower Makefield Farmers’ Market, Lower Makefield [3:30 – 6:30 pm]
- Sushi Night in the Wine Cellar – The Inn at Lambertville Station, Lambertville, NJ [6 – 10 pm]
For more details on any of these events, please go to our full calendar, Food Events in Bucks County.
Follow Bucks County Taste on Facebook and Twitter.
Thank you for stopping in today for a visit. It was great meeting you and talking about Bucks County farms & food (and jewelry). Your website is such a great source of information about local food. I enjoyed the story on Tussock Sedge Farm. I just love how beautiful those cows are; driving by and watching them graze in the pasture is a real pleasure. Happy cows make happy steak.
Cowgirl Chile Co.
Awesome line up Lynne, thanks for posting!
Comments are closed.