It’s a week of last-minute shopping to make sure the holiday parties are ready to go. If you’re looking for additions to the party you’re hosting or maybe you just want some food for the week so you don’t have to cook, any of these places will do. It’s the busiest week for a lot of markets and shops in the area, so calling ahead could never hurt.
- Pasqualina’s Italian Market and Deli: Celebrate the holiday with some fine and fresh Italian food and deli items from this local market. Pasqualina’s has daily made soups, made to order hoagies, a panini of the day, as well as market items like cheese (over 90 different kinds), Bucks County Biscotti, San Marzano tomatoes and sauces, and more.
- Peddler’s Village: For your last-minute shopping this week, Peddler’s Village shops are open Monday through Wednesday from 10 am-9 pm, and on Christmas Eve 10 am -4 pm. Shops are closed on Christmas Day. There are items for the home, gifts from local artisans, unique toys, comfy foods and more at the Village.
- The Market at DelVal: There are great holiday deals at The Market right now. All Stonewall Kitchen items like jams, jellies, drink mixers and dressings are on sale for 20% off through December 27. All undecorated wreaths are 30% off through December 24 (while supplies left). And, since it’s getting cold (finally?) they have wood pellets. They also have daily lunch specials you can order at the counter, in case you just need a grab-and-go lunch.
- Linden Hill Gardens: Wreaths can add a festive touch to any house (indoors and outdoors). The wreaths at Linden Hill are crafted by hand using combinations of materials like fir, boxwood, chamaecyparis, rhododendron and juniper with berries. They also have had holiday plants, books for sale and fir candles. Call 610.847.1300 to see what’s still available.
- The Larder: Tucked away in Doylestown, The Larder has unique spices and tons of candies and sweets to make any holiday complete. They have Amish goodies, chocolate covered nuts, gift baskets, seasonings, and candies that you remember from your childhood past. They have holiday hours this week which you can find here.
All you can eat, and eat, and eat: I like to think of pasta as the gift that keeps on giving. Every bite is warm and tasty, and having leftovers is the best part. Don’t worry about bringing any pasta home when there is an all-you-can-eat pasta night on our calendar. If you’ve looked but never ventured out, this week head into town so you don’t have to cook. One pasta night is from 5 – 10 pm on Tuesday, December 22 at Bell’s Tavern in Lambertville, NJ. You get meat or marinara sauce spaghetti with a garden salad, garlic bread — all for $10 per person. You can also get a bottle of wine for half price. Call 609.397.2226 for any questions. There is also an all-you-can-eat pasta or wings night at Fran’s Pub from 4:30 – 6:30 pm on Thursdays.
SAVE THE DATES! We’ve got three great events coming up in the New Year:
Sunday: January 17, 2016, 6:30 pm: “Meet the Farmer” Dinner at the Golden Pheasant Inn. Enjoy a delicious, locally sourced dinner and meet the local farmers who make it happen.
Sunday, February 7, 2016: Caffé Galleria in Lambertville, known for their diverse, Mediterranean-inspired menu, including great vegetarian and vegan option, will host this event, probably in early February.
Saturday, February 27, 2016: “Let’s Get French: A French Pop-up Dinner. The Hotel du Village in New Hope (just north of town) has reopened as an event venue under new ownership. They have beautifully restored the Hotel, including the inn. Join us for a classic French dinner. Make it even more fun and stay the night at the Inn (packages available).
For more details on any of these events, please go to our full calendar, Food Events in Bucks County, or click the “continue reading” link below.
Follow Bucks County Taste on…
Eating in Hunterdon County? Check out our Food Events in Hunterdon County calendar too!
For more details on any of these events, please go to our full calendar, Food Events in Bucks County.
Follow Bucks County Taste on…
Want to know what’s happening in Hunterdon County? See our Food Events in Hunterdon County calendar.