By now you’re probably sitting back after a carb-filled, delicious Thanksgiving meal—but that doesn’t mean you can’t plan for the weekend. (Here at Bucks County Taste we are always thinking about our next meal.) When the dishes are done and the in-laws have settled, take the family out to visit some local small businesses. You can shop for wine, enjoy some tapas or maybe grab some beers with the out-of-town cousins. Something for the whole family (or yourself) to enjoy.
1. Peace Valley Winery Super Sale
Fri, Nov. 27 – Sun, Dec. 6, Peace Valley Winery, 300 Old Limekiln Road, Chalfont, PA
Starting on Friday, November 27 at Peace Valley Winery, will be having a 10 Days of Christmas Sale.Whether you celebrate Christmas or not, this sale should not be missed. For ten days, ten wines will be 10% off. The sale price also applies to wine gift baskets. Sale prices on these ten wines are in addition to their existing quantity discounts of 10% off a purchase of 6 bottles of wine and 25% off a purchase of 12 bottles of wine and up. The wines include: Chardonnay Reserve, Fredonia, New Britain White, Spumante, New Britain Rose, Port Tranquility, Nouveau Bleu, Chalfont Rouge, Traminette and, Lazy Dog Hard Cider.
Small Business Saturday. American Express began this in 2010 as a way to recognize small, local businesses (and as a balance to Black Friday, which tends to be dominated by the big retailers). Here at Bucks County Taste we are all about local, whether it’s restaurants, local artisanal foods, family owned markets or farmers. We’ve highlighted a few (just a few!) of the great local food businesses in Bucks County. Enjoy!
- Breweries, brewpubs and more: I always enjoy the variety of brewpubs or wine spots in Bucks County. Whether it’s the Wycombe Publick House for trivia nights and some good wings, or Maxwell’s on Main (MOMs) for some craft brews and high-class cocktails, there is something for any night of the week. Here is a full beer map which shows all the local brewpubs and breweries in the area.
- Bucks BYOB restaurants: What better way to support local small businesses than grabbing a bottle and trying a new BYOB (Bring Your Own Bottle) restaurant. Check out this map for a comprehensive list of BYOBs in Bucks and nearby.
- Bucks County Taste Dinner Club Local Partners: Our dinner club has been able to showcase some amazing restaurants in the past year, bringing talented chefs and delicious food to event guests. Some of our past dinners have been at: The Golden Pheasant Inn, The Inn at Barley Sheaf Farm, The Hattery Stove & Still, Bowman’s Tavern, Maize Restaurant, and Quinoa Peruvian & Mexican Restaurant. Interested in getting emails about upcoming events? Click here.
- Conversations with a Chef: We’ve started to sit down with chefs in the area to show the faces that are often behind the scenes. The owners and chefs of these small restaurants are what makes things happen, both in and out of the kitchen. Recently we spoke with Joe and Amy McAtee, owners of Honey, a small restaurant tucked away in Doylestown, but highly regarded in the region. Listen to what they have to say about their food and their thoughts about how they have evolved over the past eight years. Read more here.
3. Night of Champagne & Oysters
Fri, Nov. 28, Milford Oyster House, 92 Water Street, Milford, NJ
This is in Hunterdon County, right over the border, but we know if you are a huge oyster fan, this is a night worth traveling for. It’s the day after Thanksgiving, on Friday, November 28, at the Milford Oyster House, and you get to enjoy oysters paired with a unique champagne or sparkling wine. This years wines will be: Ruca Malen Brut from Tupungato, Uco Valley Argentina, J.M. Gobillard & Fils, Brut Tradition from Champagne, France, Damonaine Camille Braun, Cremant d’Alsace Brut from Alsace, France, Jules Bertier Sparkling Wine from Loire Valley, France, Kobal Blauer Kölner from Posavje, Solvenia and Farnum Hill Extra Dry Cider from New Hampshire, U.S. Oysters that go with the wine will be: Oyster Pan Roast — pan-roasted oysters with sherry & shallots, finished with fresh cream (some would call this oyster stew), Broiled Oysters with Crab Stuffing, and Oyster Hush Puppies with remoulade sauce. Call 908.995.9411 to make reservations.
Have a great weekend!
For more details on any of these events, please go to our full calendar, Food Events in Bucks County.
Want to know what’s happening in Hunterdon County? See our Food Events in Hunterdon County calendar.