Mexican specials in Bucks County. You’ll find a few locals night specials this week, but if you have a special craving for tacos and salsa and Mexican cuisine, you’re in luck. On Monday night at Fran’s Pub in New Hope, enjoy Monday Night Mexican and Blues. Or stop by The Raven in New Hope for authentic ingredient and recipes served 6 – 10 pm. There’s also Mojito Chef Cook-off at Mojito Cuba Caribe on Thursday, October 5.
Looking for more mexican food in Bucks county? you’re in luck: Click here for specials and restaurants in and around Bucks!
Schnitzel Night! Join the United German Hungarians in Bensalem for Schnitzel Night at the club. The dinner is $11 for adults and $5 for children, dessert is available for purchase. Plus, there is a fully stocked cash bar. The dinner includes schnitzel (pork), red cabbage, and spaetzle (dumplings) and two sides (which change every month) plus a salad, bread and butter, coffee or tea. Dinner begins at 5:30 pm on Wednesday.
Fizzy drinks to fuel your body! You’ve heard about fermented drinks and kombucha, but do you know what it can actually do for your health and body? Discover the health benefits of probiotic rich fermented drinks and enjoy a hands-on workshop on how to make your own kombucha, beet kvass, apple cider fizzy, and more.
The Bucks County Foodshed Alliance presents this educational talk and workshop on fermented drinks on Wednesday, October 4, 7 – 9 pm, at Plumsteadville Grange, 5901 Old Easton Rd, Plumsteadville. Experts like Andrea of the popular local company, Sole Kombucha will be there, and they will provide the scoby and starter tea. Please bring a 2-quart jar for your kombucha starter to take home, and another to contribute if you can. Registration is not required, there is no charge but donations are encouraged.
On the radar…
- Oktoberfest at the Lumberville General Store. Celebrate autumn at another delicious Sunday afternoon event at the Lumberville General Store on this Sunday, October 8 from 3:30 – 7 pm. Click here for the full menu.
- Cocktails in the Castle. Nibble while you wander through the fascinating Mercer Museum on Friday, October 13. This annual event takes place in the Mercer Museum and features delicious food from local restaurants and caterers. It is so cool! For more information and to purchase tickets, click here.
- FARMSHARE – Rolling Harvest farm-to-table event. Spend the evening at the beautiful barn at Gravity Hill Farm in Titusville, NJ on October 14. This delicious gathering supports the work of the Rolling Harvest Food Rescue, which connects local farmers with neighbors in need. Food, wine, beer, a silent auction, and other activities are included. Tickets are $90 and sell out fast. See here for ticket details.
- OctoberFEAST at Peddler’s Village. Raise your beer and bratwurst to celebrate the 3rd Annual OctoberFEAST in Peddler’s Village! Join for German food and drink, and live music on Saturday and Sunday, October 14 & 15, 11 am – 5 pm. each day.
- Fall Brewfest. Be sure to grab your tickets for the Fall Brewfest at Washington Crossing Historic Park (PA) on Saturday, October 28, from 12:30-4:30 pm. This event will let you sample the many flavors of fall, everything from ciders and pumpkin beers to sours and IPAs will be yours to sip. They will also have food trucks on-site offering treats to complement the beers on tap.
And, for more details on any of our food calendar events, please go to our full calendar, Food Events in Bucks County, or click the “continue reading” link below.
Follow Bucks County Taste on…
Bucks County Taste Dinner Club Upcoming Events
“Pop Up” Dinner with Chefs Paul Mitchell & Alida Saxon
Saturday, October 21, 6 – 9 pm
14 tickets left!
Chefs Alida Saxon and Paul Mitchell are planning one of their amazing menus for us on Saturday, October 21. You may know Alida and Paul from the Rosemont Supper Club and the Pass, where they created exquisite, seasonal and locally sourced cuisine.
Where you ask? None other than the former 1821 Steak and Cocktails restaurant in Upper Black Eddy. Think hip, cool and cozy. You got it. And…it’s BYOB for this event!
For more details and the full menu, CLICK HERE.
In the works…
James & Jamie – Local restaurateur and chef James Seward (Bowman’s Tavern, Bowman’s North) and Jamie Hollander (Jamie Hollander Gourmet) are teaming up to make us one wonderful dinner. Details coming.
Inn at Barley Sheaf Farm (Winter 2018)
Here are some of the places we’ve dined since October 2014
The Golden Pheasant Inn (Erwinna, PA)
Dad’s Hat Rye Whiskey Distillery with Jamie Hollander Gourmet (Bristol, PA)
The Inn at Barley Sheaf Farm (Buckingham, PA)
The Hattery Stove & Still (Doylestown, PA)
Bowman’s Tavern (New Hope, PA)
Maize Restaurant (Perkasie, PA)
Quinoa Peruvian & Mexican Restaurant (Doylestown, PA)
Caffe Galleria (Lambertville, NJ)
Hotel du Village (New Hope, PA)
Hamilton’s Grill Room (Lambertville, NJ)
Lumberville General Store (Lumberville, PA)
Liberty Hall Pizza (Lambertville, NJ)
Royal T’s at the Mansion Inn (New Hope, PA)
Comfortfood & Kitchenette (Morrisville, PA)
Bowman’s North (Riegelsville, PA)
Wycombe Vineyards (Buckingham, PA)
Fancy Fig Café (Wrightstown, PA)
For more details on any of these events, please go to our full calendar, Food Events in Bucks County.
Follow Bucks County Taste on…