Rogue Ales Beer Dinner
Join the folks at the Inn of the Hawke this Monday, October 16 (today) at 7 pm for a five course, five beer dinner for $55 including tax & gratuity. Reservations needed, so call 609.397.9555.
Here’s a look at the menu:
- Hazelnut Brown Nectar with Pretzel Crusted Fried Chicken, Plum Chutney
- Dead Guy Ale with Pork & Vegetable Stir Fry, Sticky Rice
- Cold Brew IPA with Frisée Salad, Fried Egg, Warm Bacon Vinaigrette, Croutons
- 6 Hop IPA with BBQ Brisket Slider, Chipotle Caramelized Onions, Coleslaw, Potato Roll
- Chocolate Stout with Dessert Nachos – Cinnamon Sugar Tortillas, Bananas, Strawberries, Hot Chocolate Sauce, Vanilla Ice Cream, Candied Bacon
The Washington House Hotel and Restaurant is keeping the Oktoberfest spirit going with a two-day Oktoberfest buffet on Tuesday and Wednesday. The buffet showcases delicious, traditional dishes such as German sausage, sauerbraten, pork schnitzel, spaetzle, a variety of hot and cold sides, salads and desserts. The bar will also feature German style beer and wine selections. It’s $28 for adults and $10 for children 12 and under.
Pierogys on Wednesdays
Nothing beats a delicious, homemade pierogy. At St. Anne’s Ukrainian Church in Warrington, every Wednesday through December 13 you can pick up a dozen potato or cheese pierogies for $7. Ask about any specials, and you must call the kitchen workers directly to place your order. Call 215.343.9809 from 9 am – 12 pm to place your order, and then pick up your order between 12:30 – 3 pm.
Ghost Tour and Whiskey Tasting
Check out this spooktacular event this Thursday, October 19, sponsored by Dram Devotees of Bucks County. The event features stops at six different supernatural sites, the first five of which will include its own terrifying tale and complimentary whiskey pairing! The sixth and final stop will be at the old paper mill, Triumph Brewery, where they will soothe your unease with a Halloween craft cocktail.
For those that are not yet aware, the streets of New Hope are notoriously haunted, quite possibly the most haunted town in America. Located along the scenic Delaware River, New Hope has history dating back to before the Revolutionary war. The event is rain or shine.
On the radar…
- Dinner, Dessert & a Message from Beyond. Want to reach someone on the “other side?” Explore the unknown with Author and Spiritual Medium, Edward Tabbitas on October 24 through October 31 at 7 pm. $80 includes: free parking, cocktail hour, three-course dinner with a glass of wine, followed by a group reading. For the full menu, click here. For reservations, call 215.862.2300.
- Fall Brewfest. Be sure to grab your tickets for the Fall Brewfest at Washington Crossing Historic Park (PA) on Saturday, October 28, from 12:30-4:30 pm. This event will let you sample the many flavors of fall, everything from ciders and pumpkin beers to sours and IPAs will be yours to sip. They will also have food trucks on-site offering treats to complement the beers on tap.
And, for more details on any of our food calendar events, please go to our full calendar, Food Events in Bucks County, or click the “continue reading” link below.
Follow Bucks County Taste on…
Bucks County Taste Dinner Club Upcoming Events
In the works…
James & Jamie – Local restaurateur and chef James Seward (Bowman’s Tavern, Bowman’s North) and Jamie Hollander (Jamie Hollander Gourmet) are teaming up to make us one wonderful dinner. Tentative date: Saturday, November 11.
Inn at Barley Sheaf Farm (Winter 2018)
Here are some of the places we’ve dined since October 2014
The Golden Pheasant Inn (Erwinna, PA)
Dad’s Hat Rye Whiskey Distillery with Jamie Hollander Gourmet (Bristol, PA)
The Inn at Barley Sheaf Farm (Buckingham, PA)
The Hattery Stove & Still (Doylestown, PA)
Bowman’s Tavern (New Hope, PA)
Maize Restaurant (Perkasie, PA)
Quinoa Peruvian & Mexican Restaurant (Doylestown, PA)
Caffe Galleria (Lambertville, NJ)
Hotel du Village (New Hope, PA)
Hamilton’s Grill Room (Lambertville, NJ)
Lumberville General Store (Lumberville, PA)
Liberty Hall Pizza (Lambertville, NJ)
Royal T’s at the Mansion Inn (New Hope, PA)
Comfortfood & Kitchenette (Morrisville, PA)
Bowman’s North (Riegelsville, PA)
Wycombe Vineyards (Buckingham, PA)
Fancy Fig Café (Wrightstown, PA)
For more details on any of these events, please go to our full calendar, Food Events in Bucks County.
Follow Bucks County Taste on…