We’re moving away from “the cold is bearable” and into “the cold is unbelievable.” You’d think we’d get used to the below 10 degrees evenings, and yet I find myself wanting to leave my warm and cozy abode less and less. To avoid getting stir crazy, here are some local happenings, tidbits and specials to get you out of the house (just layer up!).
A New Jersey Truffle Dinner
Dishes include black truffle risotto and a starter with truffle whipped ricotta cheese and truffle honey. Make a reservation for this unique dinner here.
Midweek Specials at Hamilton’s Grill
Hamilton’s Grill Room is wonderful in the spring and summertime — there’s nothing like sitting in a lovely garden setting while you dine over seasonal dishes. But in the winter, it’s just as cozy inside the restaurant. On Wednesdays, they have a prime rib night with a succulent cut of beef with a homemade horseradish cream. On Thursdays, it’s lobster night. There’s a choice of Lobster Fracked Diavolo served over pappardelle or flash grilled lobster stuffed with herb butter. Here are some other midweek specials and here’s where you can reserve with Open Table.
If this restaurant isn’t in your neck of the woods, check out this local guide to eating out in Bucks County (near and far).
Roots to River Farmers Market
You don’t have to resort to frozen. Get it fresh all year-long at Roots to River Farmers Market in Titusville, NJ on Wednesdays from 3 – 6:30 pm (and Sundays 11 am – 3 pm). Pick up winter immunity-boosting produce like beets, kohlrabi, salad mix, sweet potatoes, winter squash, carrots, and more. Stock your pantry with everything you need.
Boozy Bucks County
If you love finding new bars or you love when a restaurant offers a new cocktail or speciality whiskey, this post is for you. We’ve gathered up some monthly tidbits — including a coffee-whiskey merger, cocktails with a view, and a farm’s new cozy craft beer spot. Keep reading here!
Later this week, we’ll have more tidbits — including new menus, and new establishments to check out! Watch your emails! If you’re not on our email list, click here to join.
Bucks County Burger Nights
You don’t have to wait until July to get your hands on a big juicy burger. And we suggest avoiding the drive through. Instead, check out these local burger nights and specials:
- Wycombe Public House: Burger night on Mondays from 4 – 10 pm, $2 off all signature burgers
- Continental Tavern: From 6 – 10 pm, they’ll have a burger night. Contact for more details (Mondays).
- Fireside Smokehouse: Mix and match sandwiches and burgers on Tuesdays. You get 2 for $10 burgers and pulled pork sandwiches, or 2 for $14 burgers (gourmet). There’s also $2.50 Miller Lite Draft and $3 American Honey shots for specials.
- McCoole’s Red Lion Inn: on Tuesdays from 11:30 am – 10 pm, they’ll have $6.99 burgers (beef, chicken and portabella) for their burger specials.
- Hops Bar and Grill: On Wednesdays, they’ll have ½ priced burgers for dine in only.
- New Hope Winery: On Thursdays, they have a burger and beer night. $10 burgers and rotating $3 drafts all night starting at 4 pm.
On the radar… (lots and lots of winter fun and food!)
- 21st Annual Lambertville-New Hope Winterfest: This year marks the 21st Annual Lambertville-New Hope Winter Festival! The Festival runs from January 20th to 28th and features an entire week of fun and exciting events which will bring locals and visitors alike to our town. More information here.
- Pub Crawls: Both crawls will take two groups on a time period crawl where they will eat, drink, and be merry as they are educated and entertained. Locations will feature historians, theatrical performances by reenactors and by Music Mountain Theater performers. Pub crawls are on January 20 and January 27. More info here.
- 21st Annual Chili Cook-off: This is sponsored by Triumph Brewing Company, Begley, Carlin and Mandio and Visit Bucks County. Come enjoy your favorite chili in the People’s Choice Award competition and stay for the trophy presentations. Cook off is on January 28. More info here.
- Concert at Winter Festival: The New Hope Winery is hosting and welcoming the John Hall Band reunion on January 26. More information on the concert and reception is here.
- Karaoke Night: On January 27, enjoy pizza, salad and desserts at the Event Center by Cornerstone. But don’t just enjoy the food, come for a great karaoke night too. More info here.
Follow Bucks County Taste on…
Bucks County Taste Dinner Club
SAVE THE DATES!
Inn at Barley Sheaf Farm (Sunday, March 25, 2018) We are thrilled to once again bring the Bucks County Taste Dinner Club to the Inn at Barley Sheaf Farm. Chef Josh Homacki will create a wonderful, seasonally inspired meal for us in this intimate dining space. If you haven’t been to the Inn’s restaurant yet, mark your calendar. This is one of the best kept secrets in Bucks County — although increasingly not a secret! Make a weekend of it and stay at the Inn. For more information about the Inn, click here. Details to follow.
The Farm Cooking School – Save the date for a five-course meal sourced from Roots to River Farm and other nearby farms. Chefs Ian Knauer and Shelley Wiseman will also demonstrate some of the dishes before we eat! Saturday, April 7, 6 pm. Details to follow.
For more details on any of these events, please go to our full calendar, Food Events in Bucks County.
Follow Bucks County Taste on…