One of the things I love about Basically Burgers is the sheer creativity behind their food. (There’s taste, too, but I’m going for something a little deeper here.) To hear Wes Goddard tell it, many of the stalwarts on the menu stem from his son Jay’s insomnia, when it’s one in the morning and he can’t sleep. There’s the ranch burger, the jalapeno popper burger (one of my favorites), and the taco burger. All of them show off the Goddard family’s approach to food: local ingredients, prepared fresh, with strict attention paid to quality, flavor and fun.
The Goddards were nice enough to let us cram into their kitchen one recent night so we could watch them at work. Rather than describe it at length, see it all for yourself. Here’s Jay on making a taco burger. (The video runs 3:41 minutes.)
Sign up for our newsletter!
Top Posts & Pages
- Zagat's 10 Best Waterside Restaurants...
- Breakfast in Bucks
- Bucks Food Calendar: December 6, 2013
- Food Events in Bucks County
- Where's the beef? And pork, and lamb, and chicken...
- Drinking local: Homemade hard cider
- 2010 - Going out for the holidays in Bucks
- Food Maps
- Fresh turkeys in Bucks - 2013
Looking for something?
Use the form below to search the site:
Still not finding what you're looking for? Drop a comment on a post or contact us so we can take care of it!