This post has been updated for 2015. Click here to see the latest on where to go out for Christmas in Bucks County and where to go out for New Year’s Eve in Bucks and nearby.
Ta-daaa! You asked for it…or rather you searched for it. I may not be Santa (not by a long shot) but I can see what folks are searching for on Google that brings them to Bucks County Taste. Apparently, not only do you want to know where to go out for Thanksgiving, but also for Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year’s Eve.
This list won’t be as long as the Thanksgiving post. Not as many restaurants are open on these days. Once again, if I’ve missed any, please let me know and I’ll add them to the list.
A few days before Christmas, Vintage Grille in Fountainville will put on their version of a traditional Italian Feast of the Seven Fishes Christmas Eve dinner. The dinner will take place this Wednesday, December 22nd starting at 4 pm, for $45 per person, along with a shortened version of their regular menu. Call 215.348.4850 to reserve your place and click here to see the special menu.
Chef Matt McPhelin at Maize Restaurant in Perkasie will be doing his New American spin on the Feast of the Seven Fishes too, this one on Christmas Eve. The menu includes Baked Oyster, Mussel Soup, Anchovy-Onion Tart and Baby Greens, Grilled Sardines with Herb Pesto, Braised Squid in a Red Chile Broth, and Clams with House-made Linguine and a Herb Broth and more! There will be one seating at 6 pm. Cost is $45 per person. Call the restaurant at 215.257.2264 to reserve (note: Maize is doing New Year’s Eve also. See details below.)
Here are some other restaurants offering Christmas eve dinners, in alphabetical order, with details:
- The Brick Hotel (Newtown) Dinner from 5:30 to 10:00 pm. See their menu here and call them at 215.860.8613 to reserve.
- Cascade Lodge (Kintersville) Contact them at 610.346.7484.
- Erini (Ewing, NJ) From 4 to 8 pm. Call 609.882.0303.
- Indian Rock Inn (Upper Black Eddy) Lunch is served from 12 to 3 pm, and a prix fixe 3-course dinner from 5 to 9 pm for $35 per person (children under 12, $15). Call 610.982.9600 for reservations and click here for the menu.
- naBrasa (Horsham) The Brazilian rodizio (steakhouse) will be open from 3 to 8 pm at $39.95 per person. Reservations are recommended. Call 215.956.0600.
- Pineville Tavern (Pineville) Contact them at 215.598.3890.
- The Vintage Grille (Fountainville) will be open all day on Christmas Eve, serving breakfast from 8 to 11 am, lunch from 11 am to 4 pm, and dinner from 4 to 8 pm (last reservation). Contact them at 215.348.4850.
Ah, but where can you go on Christmas Day if you’ve got the family but not the cooking skills? So far, I’ve only found one place…and it’s a good one. The Pineville Tavern will be open on Christmas Day from noon to 10 pm serving a feast including mussels, clams, calamari, a standing rib roast with Yorkshire pudding, roast turkey breast, honey-baked ham and all the trimmings. Also on the menu…homemade cheese ravioli and jumbo lump “Bawlmer” crabcakes. For $35 per person, and $10 for kids under 12 years old. Call them at 215.598.3890 and see the full menu here.
New Year’s Eve
Eeeek! Yes, New Year’s Eve is right around the corner. But still plenty of time to make reservations for this fun night, and plenty of places in Bucks and nearby to celebrate. Here’s a few we found:
- The Brick Hotel (Newtown) Dinner will be served from 4:30 to 10 pm, and music from then on. See their menu here and call them at 215.860.8613 to reserve. They’ve also got options for staying over at the inn, or take-out from their special New Year’s Eve menu. See all the options here. The restaurant will also be offering brunch on New Year’s Day for $19.99 from 11:30 am to 3 pm.
- Brick Tavern (Quakertown) will be serving dinner from 4 to 10 pm, along with music starting at 8 pm. See the full menu here and call 529.6488 for reservations.
- Café at Rosemont (Rosemont, NJ) This cozy landmark will be open on New Year’s Eve. Call them at 609.397.4097.
- Copper Leaf Grill (Buckingham) will be serving lobster tails and prime rib as well as their full menu on New Year’s Eve. If you haven’t tried this wonderful little bistro grill – which took over the space formally known as JustEat by BrownGold – please go. Contact them at 215.794.1818.
- Honey (Doylestown) is offering a delectable eight-course meal for $175 per couple, including Rich Man Po’Boys (Wianno oysters), Painted Hills Farms Beef Tartare, Peekytoe Crab Spaghetti, champagne sorbet and more. Call reservations at 215.489.4200 and see the full menu at their website under “what’s new.”
- At Peddler’s Village (Lahaska), you’ve got three fun choices to bring in the New Year:
- The Cock ‘n Bull Restaurant will serve their regular menu with a few special menu additions, including crab bisque, braised short ribs, pan-seared Chilean sea bass and beef tenderloin with lobster tail.
- Also at the Cock ‘n Bull, is a special Murder Mystery Dinner Theater with a New Year’s Eve Menu. Guests arrive in the lobby of the Cock ‘n Bull Restaurant by 7:15 pm. The cost is $90.00 per person, which includes dinner, show, midnight champagne toast, tax and gratuity. Cocktail service is available. Groups are welcome. For mature audiences only, children under 18 are not permitted to attend. Reservations are required for the Peddler’s Village Murder Mystery Dinner Theater. For more information and reservations, please call 215.794.4051.
- Earl’s Bucks County will also serve their regular menu with chef’s specials, live entertainment and a champagne toast at midnight.
- Indian Rock Inn (Upper Black Eddy) will be open for cocktails at noon and dining at 5 pm. Five-course meal for $100 per couple. Call 610.982.9600 for reservations and click here for the menu.
- Maize Restaurant (Perkasie) will offer a three-course tasting menu for $60 per person, each course with three choices. See the menu here and call 215.257.2264 to reserve.
- naBrasa (Horsham) Enjoy smooth Brazilian Jazz with dinner, seatings at 5:30- 6 pm or 8 – 8:30 pm. Prices are $50 per person or $70 per person (includes open bar). Both include ringing in the New Year at the Iron Abbey next door with a dance party beginning at 10 pm and a champagne toast at midnight. Reservations are recommended. Call 215.956.0600.
- Yardley Inn (Yardley) will offer an a la carte menu from 3 pm until midnight including Crab Bisque, Butter Poached Lobster, Filet Mignon, Salmon, Crabcakes, Roasted Duck, Surf & Turf, or Stuffed Trout. They’ll also be open for dinner on New Year’s Day. Call 215.493.3800 for reservations.
- The Vintage Grille (Fountainville) will be open for New Year’s Eve, AND serving breakfast New Year’s Day starting at 8 am! Contact them at 215.348.4850.
And from all of us at Bucks County Taste, have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Please Support Our Advertisers
- Bakers (5)
- Charity (44)
- Cookbooks (19)
- Events (512)
- Farm Markets (271)
- Farms (233)
- Food Quotes (1)
- Holidays (127)
- Local Color (42)
- Other Places (21)
- Other Things About Food (159)
- People (35)
- Recipes (91)
- Restaurants (364)
- Retail stores (9)
- Sweets (73)
- Tweets (299)
- Uncategorized (13)
- Vegetarian/Vegan (35)
- Vineyards, Breweries and Bars (189)