The Bucks County Foodshed Alliance will host Melissa Mantz of the Bucks County Housing Group, a private nonprofit that serves homeless and at-risk families in Bucks County, at its general meeting at Wednesday, February 3 at 7:30 pm.
Ms. Mantz, development officer, will present the Housing Group’s role and mission, as well as open a dialogue regarding a partnership between BCHG and BCFA that would enable the pantries to offer fresh food during local growing months. The discussion will revolve around the logistics of such an undertaking, engaging farmers and market vendors to participate, developing a volunteer base to deliver produce and considering how to fund it. BCHG also is considering offering its Penndel site as a setting for a farmers’ market.
The housing group’s three Community Food Pantries in Penndel, Doylestown and Quakertown served 39,000 individuals in 2009, with community food donations providing the bulk of the support.
BCFA members and interested others are invited to participate with ideas and questions. The Wrightstown Village Library is at 726 Penns Park Rd., Wrightstown 18940. There is no charge, and refreshments will be served.
Please Support Our Partners
Top Posts & Pages
- Liberty Hall Wood-fired Pizza opens in Lambertville December 20
- Breakfast in Bucks
- 2014 - Going out for Christmas
- 2010 - Going out for the holidays in Bucks
- Bucks Food Calendar: December 17, 2014
- 2013 - Going out for Christmas
- Food Events in Bucks County
- Where's the beef? And pork, and lamb, and chicken...
- Zagat's 10 Best Waterside Restaurants...
- Hewn Spirits
- Charity (8)
- Cookbooks (14)
- Events (399)
- Farms (178)
- Food Quotes (1)
- Holidays (98)
- Local Color (19)
- Markets (217)
- Other Places (14)
- Other Things About Food (136)
- People (29)
- Recipes (70)
- Restaurants (261)
- Sweets (58)
- Tweets (299)
- Uncategorized (13)
- Vegetarian/Vegan (21)
- Vineyards, Breweries and Bars (127)