I’ve noticed a pleasing trend over the past few years. Many local towns are organizing “restaurant weeks” in an effort to showcase their restaurants and bring more customers into town. Newtown had one last April and now New Hope is initiating what will hopefully be its first restaurant week for many years to come.
To be sure, it may be a sign of the weak economy, but for my money, it’s a great idea. Generally all participating restaurants offer a set, reasonable price for a prix fixe meal. As a restaurant patron, you get to try new places – or go back to favorites – all for a very good price.
New Hope’s 1st Annual Restaurant Week starts on this Sunday, March 21st and continues all week until Friday, March 26th. The price? $29.95 per person at any participating restaurant for a three course meal.
Contact the following restaurants to make reservations (all are in New Hope except where noted). And don’t wait too long!
Update: See Susan S. Yeske’s article in this week’s Bucks County Herald for more information.
- Cafe Europa 215.862.9600, 11 Market Place, Logan Square
- Golden Pheasant Inn 610.294.9595, 763 River Road, Erwinna, PA 18920
- Havana 215.862.9897, 105 South Main St
- Italian Cucina 215.862.3818, 95 South Main St
- Karla’s 215.862.2612, 5 West Mechanic St
- Marcella’s 215.862.1700, 7 East Ferry St
- Marsha Brown 215.862.7044, 15 South Main St
- Martine’s River House 215.862.2966, 14 East Ferry St & River
- Mother’s Wine Bar 215.862.5857, 34 North Main St
- Sandbar 90 Main 215.862.3030, 90 Main St
- The Landing Restaurant 215.862.5711, 22 North Main St
- Logan Inn 215.862.2300, 10 West Ferry St
- The Mansion Inn 215.862.1231, 9 South Main St
- Harlans Restaurant & Cabaret 215.862.5221, 6425 Lower York Road
- Triumph Brewing Company 215.862.8300, 400 Union Square Dr
- Tuscany at the Towpath House 215.693.1599, 18 West Mechanic St
- Villa Vito Restaurant 215.862.9936, 26 West Bridge St