Love is all around us, and you’ll definitely find lots of it this weekend. It’s Valentine’s Day weekend! Remember, if you’re single, or taken, it doesn’t matter. There are some great food events to enjoy from Friday through Sunday, and a few more for what you can do on the big holiday. Also, see a special Thursday only (tonight) event!
1. Stone Brewing Co. Sampling
Thursday, Feb. 11, 7 – 10 pm, Finney’s Pub, 15 South Main St., Doylestown, PA
Stop by one of Doylestown’s best bars for some of their great wings and Stone Brewing Co.’s beers on tap including Enjoy By 02.14.16 IPA (a very limited amount; be there early!), Arrogant Bastard, Double Bastard, Ruination Double IPA, Delicious IPA, Collaboration Stout, Stone IPA, and Stone Go To IPA.
2. Spaghetti Dinner
Friday, Feb. 12, 5:30 – 7:30 pm, Delaware Valley Fire Company, Headquarters Road, Erwinna, PA
Every second Friday of the month, the Delaware Valley Fire Company in Erwinna, you can enjoy delicious food made by Gino De Schrijver of Eat This, a local Bucks County food purveyor that produces all-natural, sustainable, locally produced jams, and marmalades. The dinner is this Friday, February 12 from 5:30 – 7:30 pm. Cost: $9 for adults; $8.50 for seniors and emergency personnel; $6.50 for children 7-12 years old, and free for children six and under. Take out is available for $9.50. Call 610.294.9334 for more information.
3. Guys Prepare Valentine’s Day Dinner
Friday, Feb. 14, 3:30 – 5:00 pm, Karlton Cafe, 310 W. Broad Street, Quakertown, PA
Really impress your special someone this year with a meal that you made yourself. Maybe you already know how to cook, or maybe you’re a bit clueless in the kitchen. Either way this event is just for you. Join Chef AJ at the Karlton Cafe as he walks you through preparing a delicious dinner for your sweetheart. Then take it home for a romantic dinner that she will never forget! Your dinner menu this Valentine’s Day: Stuffed lobster tail, filet au gratin potatoes, toasted asparagus, plus receive complimentary dessert for two and fresh berries to add to your champagne! This event runs from 3:30 – 5 pm, so you’ll have just enough time to bring a nice meal home and spend time with your sweetie.
4. Valentine’s Day Bucks County Style
If you still haven’t made reservations for the big day (what are you waiting for?!) try these late additions, and make sure to check out our full post of which restaurants and wineries are hosting a Valentine’s Day special event.
- Wrightstown Farmers Winter Market: Shop for your sweetie this weekend and pick up some local winter produce to make a nice, warm meal. Head to the market this Saturday, February 13 from 10 – 11 am.
- Spinnerstown Hotel: Stop by on Sunday, February 14 from 2 – 8 pm for an a la carte Valentine’s Day dinner. Lobster, duck breast, oysters, short ribs and more! Here is the full menu. Call 215.563.7242 for more information.
- Peace Valley Winery: The winery now has the strawberry passion wine back in stock. It’s a sweet wine with strawberry flavor that’s perfect with chocolate. The wine is available in a 500ml heart shaped bottle with a neck label of your choice. Purchase now until Sunday, February 14 and receive 10% off.
- Marsha Brown: Located in New Hope, this restaurant is offering a full dinner menu as well as specials meant to be enjoyed for two, the entire Valentine’s Day weekend. Make your reservations here.
- Shady Brook Farm: At Shady Brook, they have the perfect gifts to give this Valentine’s day: cut flower and rose bouquets, Rose Bank Wine, and desserts homemade by Confection Perfection. Available through the Valentine’s Day weekend.
- The Tubby Olive: Shop for that special person and sample “heart healthy” recipes at this Valentine’s Day Event on Saturday, February 13 12 to 5pm. Free event and no reservations necessary.
- Mojito Cuba Carabe: Treat that special someone to a Valentine’s Day Surf & Turf for two! Prix fixe menu $55 on Saturday, February 13 and Sunday, February 14.
- Rose Bank Winery: This month, the winery is highlighting raspberry Secret and Chocolate Orange Port. Get special pricing when you buy Brix chocolate and wine. Perfect for a Valentine! They are open from Thursday to Sunday, 11 am – 5 pm.
- Spring Mill Country Club: From Friday, February 12 through Sunday, February 14 come to the country club for à la carte dining with your sweetheart. Make reservations and visit their website for the full menu.
Have a great weekend!
Want to know what’s happening in Hunterdon County? See our Food Events in Hunterdon County calendar.