Solar eclipse? Well, we’re not in the “path of totality” so you don’t have to stop celebrating summer. Check out some of the best burger specials around Bucks County, pick up late summer produce for fresh, seasonal cooking, and don’t forget to feast on some local lobster night deals.
And…the Bucks County Taste Dinner Club has a few seats left to our end-of-summer brunch at the Golden Pheasant Inn, this coming Sunday, August 27 from 11 am – 2 pm. Sip summer libations canal side, meet new friends and enjoy exceptional, seasonal cuisine at one of the best restaurants in Bucks.
Burgers and more burgers. Anyone else craving a burger? McDonald’s isn’t going to cut it — you need something that’s fresh, cooked well and local. Good thing we hunted down a few burger night specials and locations with great burgers:
- Wycombe Publick House, Wycombe, PA: It’s burger night on Mondays. Get $2 off all their signature burgers. My favorite is the Wrightstown Burger: crumbled blue cheese and bacon.
- Continental Tavern, Yardley, PA: Half priced burger nights on Mondays.
- McCoole’s Red Lion Inn, Quakertown, PA: $6.99 burgers, your choice of beef, chicken, portabella (bison excluded). Deal’s on Tuesdays.
- Carversville Inn, Carversville, PA: Grilled-to-order burgers every Tuesday night.
- Doylestown Brewing Co., Doylestown, PA: Enjoy ½ priced burgers for dine-in only.
- New Hope Winery, New Hope, PA: Starting at 4 pm on Thursdays, enjoy $10 burgers and rotating $3 draft beers.
Hey vegetarian friends! We didn’t forget about you. Here are some of the best beef-less burgers in Bucks. Did we miss one of your favorites? Give us a shout at info@BucksCountyTaste.com.
Local seafood specials. If you can’t make it to the shore before the summer ends, you can still enjoy the taste of a seaside dinner, locally. In and around Bucks County, you’ll find plenty of local lobster and seafood specials:
- The Buck Hotel, Feasterville-Trevose, PA: Seafood and dinner buffet on Mondays, complete with a raw bar, snow crab legs, carving station, hot buffet, and more. Also on Tuesdays it’s Lobster Fest after 5 pm. Enjoy lobster with a soup or salad, and sides a la carte.
- Fran’s Pub, New Hope, PA: All you can eat crab legs and trivia night on Tuesdays.
- 59 Almshouse, Richboro, PA: Buck-a-shuck oysters on Thursdays.
- DeAnna’s, Lambertville, NJ: Happy hour raw bar on Thursdays and Fridays, with $1 clams, oysters, and shrimp.
Love oysters? See our post, Fresh oysters? Here? for all the local restaurants offering great oysters.
Logan’s Summer BBQ. Celebrate the end of summer with a classic summer BBQ at the Logan Inn in New Hope this Wednesday, August 23. They’ll be grilling up all of your summer favorites on their patio. For more information and the full menu, click here. Please call the inn to save your spot!
Farmers market fun. Stop by your area farmers markets this week, and pick up some peaches, zucchini, tomatoes, mixed greens, and other local items like jams, honey, treats, and more. The markets should be bursting with plenty of summer produce, so don’t miss out!
Check out which market is near you, or try a new one!
Fajitas and ‘ritas. You know what pairs well with $5 margaritas? Sizzling fajitas. Thursday nights are now Fajita-Rita-Nights at the Rising Sun Inn.
From 5 – 10 pm, you can enjoy chicken, steak or shrimp fajitas with warm tortilla shells, peppers, onions, cheddar cheese, sour cream, and salsa. The guac’ is a dollar extra. Eat your fajitas in the tavern or on the deck.
Peppers are great in fajitas, but did you know you can also roast them up for a delicious roasted soup? This recipe for roasted red pepper soup is better than the more predictable gazpacho, and if you are craving a soup, this one is perfect for summer!
On the radar…
- Summer Brunch at the Golden Pheasant Inn: Join the Bucks County Taste Dinner Club for a delicious, seasonal 3-course brunch at the Golden Pheasant Inn on Sunday, August 27. Click here for the menu and more details.
- Message From Beyond Dinner at the Logan Inn. Explore the unknown with Author and Spiritual Medium, Edward Tabbitas, on Tuesday, August 29 at 7 pm for a 3-Course Dinner plus glass of wine, followed by a group reading. More information, including the menu, and to RSVP, click here.
- Bucks County Foodshed Alliance 5K & 1-mile fun run: Register online through August 19 until midnight for an early bird discount and guaranteed race t-shirt of $25 per person. Register online from August 20 – September 1 for $30.
- Labor Day BBQ at the Lumberville General Store. Yep, Labor Day is only two weeks away! On Sunday, September 3, from 3:30 – 7 pm the Lumberville GS is hosting another one of their great BBQs. Menu includes a Burger Bar, Grilled salmon with whole grain mustard glaze, BBQ pulled pork with roasted pineapple, Smoked chicken breast with apple cider BBQ glaze, Spinach and chickpea-stuffed portobello mushrooms and delicious summery sides and desserts, all for $19.95 per adult, $9.95 per kid. More information here.
Follow Bucks County Taste on…
Bucks County Taste Dinner Club
Seats still available!
Join the Bucks County Taste Dinner Club for
Summer Brunch at the Golden Pheasant Inn
Sunday, August 27, 11 am – 2 pm
Fresh, seasonal cuisine in a beautiful setting. Does it get much better?
Join us on Sunday, August 27 for a lovely 3-course brunch at the Golden Pheasant Inn in Erwinna.
For more details on any of these events, please go to our full calendar, Food Events in Bucks County.
Follow Bucks County Taste on…