What's Up, Dad?
Even more tedious than the constant rain is talking about the constant rain. So, with a typical summer forecast for this weekend – chance of thunderstorms – let’s move on.
Time to take Dad out for some fun this weekend – and food and wine. There are three venues doing wine-related events this weekend. On Friday night, both Crossing Vineyards in Washington Crossing and Shady Brook Farm in Yardley are pairing music and wine, while Chaddsford Winery is pampering Dads the whole weekend at its tasting room in Peddler’s Village.
Also in Peddlers Village, Earl’s (formerly Earl’s Prime) has changed its concept, incorporating locally-produced and -grown food into their new contemporary cuisine menu. On Sunday, Father’s Day, they’re offering Dads a complimentary brunch or dinner. What a deal! See their web site for the coupon and their new menu.
Some fun community events include the Joyful Noise Music Festival in Haycock with all proceeds going to the Quakertown Food Pantry, as well as two firehouse breakfasts – one in Riegelsville and one in Plumsteadville. Shady Brook Farm is also doing a Father’s Day BBQ on Sunday if Dad is not in the mood to clean the grill.
If you haven’t a chance to yet, be sure to watch our video of the Wrightstown Farmers’ Market, where you’ll hear vendors describing their products – then you can meet them in person on Saturday at the market, or at some of the other farmers’ markets throughout the county.
Check out our online calendar, Food Events in Bucks County for more details on any of the events below.
Friday, June 19th:
- Linden Hill Farmers’ Market, 3:30 – 7:30 pm, Ottsville.
- Wine Concert Series at Shady Brook Farm, 6 – 9 pm, Yardley. Weather permitting. Free admission. Jerry Watkins will be the musical entertainment.
- Outdoor Summer Music Series at Crossing Vineyards and Winery, 7 – 10 pm, Washington Crossing. Opera New Jersey will be the musical entertainment.
- Wine Tasting for Singles at Crossing Vineyards and Winery, 7-9 pm, Washington Crossing
Saturday, June 20th:
- Doylestown Farmers’ Market, 7 am – Noon, Doylestown
- Pierogie Sale & Flea Market, 8 am – 2 pm, St. Mark’s Orthodox Church, Wrightstown.
- Plumsteadville Grange Farm Market, 9 am – 12 pm, Route 611 just north of Stump Road, Plumsteadville.
- Wrightstown Farmers’ Market, 9 am – 1 pm, Wrightstown.
- Father’s Day Weekend at Chaddsford Winery, 10 am – 8 pm, Lahaska.
- Joyful Noise III Community Music Festival (Quakertown Food Pantry), 11 am – 7 pm, St. Paul’s Evangelical Lutheran Church of Applebachsville, Haycock.
Sunday, June 21st:
- Buffet Breakfast @ Plumsteadville Fire Company, 7:30 am – 12:30 pm, Plumsteadville.
- Breakfast @ Riegelsville Fire Company, 8 am – 12:30 pm, Riegelsville.
- Saucon Valley Farmers’ Market, 9 am – 1 pm, Hellertown.
- Father’s Day Breakfast Buffet, @ Richland Township Fire & Rescue, 8 am – 1 pm, Quakertown.
- Hunterdon Land Trust Farmers’ Market, 9 am – 1 pm, Flemington.
- Father’s Day Weekend at Chaddsford Winery, 11 am – 5 pm, Lahaska.
- Sunday Funday: Father’s Day BBQ, 12 – 4 pm, Shady Brook Farm, Yardley.
- Open Hearth Cooking Demonstration, 1 – 4 pm, Pennsbury Manor, Morrisville.
Monday, June 22nd:
- 94 Cents Cookie Night at Chubby’s Dairy Barn, 6 – 8:30 pm, Plumsteadville.
- Techniques of Regional American Cooking, 7 – 9 pm, Carlow Cookery, Doylestown.
Want to get our weekly newsletter?Sign me up now, please!For Email Marketing you can trust.