Oh, oh, oh. It looks like another great weekend here in Bucks County. Mark is looking forward to sanding and painting our little boat, but me…as usual I’m thinking about food. There are MANY firehouse breakfasts and dinners going on this weekend, so here’s your chance to try one if you haven’t already. Or sign up for a wine tasting or cooking class. It’s all here. Also, see our post from last week on places to sit outside and enjoy food and libations.
Enjoy art, a tasty brunch and support the Neshaminy Manor Nursing Home all at the same time. The 8th Annual Arts for the Manor will feature food by some of the area’s finest chefs – Meil’s, Just Foods, Issac Newtons, The Cafe at Rosemont, J. Scones, Sodexho Food Service, Heavenly Ham, Haring Brothers, Crossroads Bakery, Uno’s Bar & Grill, Houlihans, Solly Brothers Farm, Acme, Giant, Wegman’s, Kenny’s, Vaders, Buck Hotel, and more. All proceeds benefit the Arts For The Manor – a program to bring artists into Neshaminy Manor to work with residents on a weekly basis.
While the last New Hope Winter Farmers’ Market takes place this Thursday, April 15th, the Bucks County seasonal farmers’ market season officially opens next Saturday with the 33rd year of the Doylestown Farmers’ Market run by the Buckingham Township Civic Association. And of course, the Stockton Farmers’ Market takes place every Saturday and Sunday in Stockton. Come on out and celebrate the new growing season!
Here’s just a tasting of some of the food events going on this weekend, and a little peak into next week. For more details, please go to our full calendar, Food Events in Bucks County. Have a fun and tasty weekend!
Friday, April 9th:
Forecast – Clearing, 62°
- Spaghetti Dinner @ Delaware Valley Fire Co., Erwinna [5:30 - 7:30 pm]
- Surf & Turf @ The Cooking Cottage, Sellersville [6:30 - 8:30 pm]
- Wines of Spain and Portugal, Carlow Cookery, Doylestown [7:30 - 8:30 pm]
- Kindle Cafe Supper Club at Rojo’s Roastery, Lambertville, NJ [7:30 - 9:00 pm]
Saturday, April 10th:
Forecast – Sunny, 64°
- Pancake Fundraiser @ Applebee’s, Quakertown [7 - 10 am]
- Stockton Farmers’ Market, Stockton, NJ [9 am - 3 pm]
- Hoagie Sale @ Upper Gwynedd Fire Co., Upper Gwynedd [10 am - 12 pm]
- Roast Beef Dinner @ West Amwell Firehouse, West Amwell, NJ [4 - 7 pm]
- Lasagna Dinner @ First United Church of Christ, Quakertown [4 - 7:30 pm]
- Firehouse Dinner @ Plumsteadville Fire Co., Plumsteadville [4 - 7:30 pm]
Sunday, April 11th:
Forecast – Sunny, 73°
- Breakfast Buffet @ Plumsteadville Fire Co., Plumsteadville [7 am - 12 pm]
- Breakfast @ Upper Black Eddy Fire Company, Upper Black Eddy [7:30 am - 12 pm]
- Breakfast @ Perkasie Fire Co., Perkasie [7:30 am - 12:30 pm]
- Breakfast Buffet @ Silverdale Fire Company, Silverdale [8 am - 1 pm]
- Breakfast Buffet @ Richland Twp Fire & Rescue, Quakertown [8 am - 1 pm]
- Stockton Farmers’ Market, Stockton, NJ [10 am - 3 pm]
- Arts for the Manor Annual Brunch & Art Show, Neshaminy Manor, Warrington [11 am - 2 pm]
- Roast Beef Dinner @ Ottsville Fire Co., Ottsville [12 - 5 pm]
- Chicken Dinner @ Father Gallen Council 5494, Warrington [1 - 6 pm]
- Wine Tasting in Riedel Crystal @ Crossing Vineyards, Washington Crossing [2 - 5 pm]
- Duck 2-ways with Matt Heckler @ The Cooking Cottage, Sellersville [4 - 6 pm]
- Wines from Around the World @ Chaddsford Winery Tasting Room, Lahaska [7 - 9 pm]
Monday, April 12th:
- Wine 101 – Class #4 – White Wine, Crossing Vineyards & Winery, Washington Crossing [6:30 - 8:30 pm]
- Spring is in the Air @ The Cooking Cottage, Sellersville [6:30 - 8:30 pm]
- Techniques of Cooking I: Seasonal Sauces, Carlow Cookery, Doylestown [7 - 9 pm]
Sign up for our newsletter!
Top Posts & Pages
Looking for something?
Use the form below to search the site:
Still not finding what you're looking for? Drop a comment on a post or contact us so we can take care of it!