It’s spring! Forget that frost we had last night. It’s warm today, and getting warmer tomorrow. And the forecast for Saturday is “abundant sunshine” with a high temperature of 73 degrees. So get out there, grab a cup of joe and a bagel from The Bagel Barrel, and visit the Doylestown Farmers’ Market which just opened the season this past Saturday.
The market runs every Saturday from 7 am to noon, until November 21st, right on Hamilton Street, off of West State Street in Doylestown.
Market products include:
- Seasonal, chemical free, and low input vegetables, herbs, flowers, fruits;
- Bedding, vegetable, herb plants, container gardens, and orchids;
- Jams, pie filling and preserved products;
- Pastured chicken and eggs, duck and duck eggs, turkey, goat, and lamb;
- Artisan bread, baked goods (cookies, cakes, biscotti, pies, stromboli, Greek pastries), granola;
- Handmade soaps, lotions, and skin care products;
- Goat cheeses, yogurt, milk;
- Honey, maple syrup;
- Prepared foods;
- Locally handcrafted woodenware, beeswax candles, alpaca yarn and other products, and;
- Glass jewelry.
See more details about the market and other events at our calendar, Food Events in Bucks County.
Photos courtesy of Susan Kahn, Bucks County Cookie Company.
Please Support Our Advertisers
- Bakers (8)
- Charity (56)
- Cookbooks (19)
- Events (649)
- Farm Markets (307)
- Farms (259)
- Food Quotes (1)
- Holidays (149)
- Local Color (61)
- Other Places (23)
- Other Things About Food (174)
- People (35)
- Recipes (108)
- Restaurants (513)
- Retail stores (13)
- Sweets (83)
- Tweets (299)
- Uncategorized (13)
- Vegetarian/Vegan (40)
- Vineyards, Breweries and Bars (275)