In case you haven’t noticed, we always list cooking classes going on in Bucks County on the Food Events calendar. I am amazed by the number of varied, delicious courses to choose from, and locations all around the county.
Right now, you can sign up for courses offered through the Community School of New Hope-Solebury. The school runs short, inexpensive courses on topics ranging from computers, fine arts, photography, fitness, language and, of most interest to us, culinary arts.
This semester has some great offerings (too many for me to put in the calendar!) including the “Eat Global, Go Local Cooking” course by Diana Cercone (who writes about food for the Bucks County Herald). Diana plans to share great Bucks County food sources and how to prepare a Bucks County farm-to-table dinner on May 19th. Personal Chef Karen McGinn of Heaven on a Plate is also teaching several courses this spring, including cooking Italian foods ranging from the northern region of Emilia-Romagna to Tuscany, Calabria, and the isle of Sicily.
One of the offerings of the Community School last December was an oyster tasting course at Marsha Brown in New Hope. It was informative and delicious. They aren’t offering it this semester, but they are offering a martini making class on May 13. See the Community School Web site for more info on all of these courses.
Here are some other places that regularly offer cooking classes. Check the Food Events in Bucks County calendar, too, for updates because courses are constantly added from other locations and teachers.
- In Doylestown, Carlow Cookery, offers courses almost every night on a wide variety of cuisines, wine, and cooking techniques. See their Web site for more info and sign up for their email newsletter to let you know when they’ve added new courses.
- The Cooking Cottage at Cedar Spring Farms in Sellersville has an equally impressive catalog. Courses on entertaining, ethnic cuisines, eating healthy, grilling, plus tasting tours to New York City, Oregon and California.
- For all you vegetarians – or those who cook for vegetarians – be sure to check out the Kindle Café’s classes, conducted by Chef Vince Peterson. Using all fresh, local produce, Chef Vince shows you how to create diverse and tasty meals. Check out his weekly dinners at Rojo’s Roastery, as well. Get on Kindle Café’s email list at www.kindlecafe.com.
- Casa Casale in Lahaska offers Italian cooking courses every month. Tomorrow night, April 21st, is “Trattoria Cibi.” Check their Web site or our Food Events Calendar for more courses later this spring and summer.
- Join Sheila McDuffie in her garden, greenhouse and kitchen on her organic farm in Upper Black Eddy. Her Kitchen Garden Cooking School offers classes on cooking , gardening and herbal and floral crafts.
If we’ve missed anyone in our listings, please contact us. We’ll add them on!
UPDATE June 30, 2010: Added the Kitchen Garden Cooking School
Please Support Our Partners
Top Posts & Pages
- Liberty Hall Wood-fired Pizza opens in Lambertville December 20
- 2014 - Going out for Christmas
- 2010 - Going out for the holidays in Bucks
- Bucks Food Calendar: December 17, 2014
- Breakfast in Bucks
- Where's the beef? And pork, and lamb, and chicken...
- 2013 - Going out for Christmas
- Zagat's 10 Best Waterside Restaurants...
- Food Events in Bucks County
- Blue Sage Grille
- Charity (8)
- Cookbooks (14)
- Events (399)
- Farms (178)
- Food Quotes (1)
- Holidays (98)
- Local Color (19)
- Markets (217)
- Other Places (14)
- Other Things About Food (136)
- People (29)
- Recipes (70)
- Restaurants (261)
- Sweets (58)
- Tweets (299)
- Uncategorized (13)
- Vegetarian/Vegan (21)
- Vineyards, Breweries and Bars (127)