Did everyone have a busy weekend? Did you celebrate Cinco de Mayo or enjoy the Kentucky Derby parties? This week, slow things down with a few foodie events in Bucks County, like the return of the Newtown Borough restaurant week or an Italian wine tasting dinner. As always, there are more events in our full food calendar!
Newtown Borough Restaurant Week. It’s time for another week of restaurant specials, thanks to Newtown Borough’s 5th annual restaurant week. Restaurant week started this Sunday, and runs through Thursday, May 11. The purpose of the restaurant week is to promote all the great dining and shopping establishments in the area. Enjoy dining specials at Florentino’s, The Brick Hotel, the Temperance House, Boccaccio Restaurant, Cafe con Leche, Becky’s Newtown Deli, and The Coffee Room.
Wine tasting dinner. No need to hop on a plane and fly to Italy, you can experience the country’s great wines locally in Bucks County this week. Discover 10 Italian wines at the Washington House’s wine tasting dinner, which is this Tuesday, May 9. Make your reservations by phone at 215.257.3000 to save your spot. The wine dinner costs $59 and spots fill up fast.
Food for Thought Book Club. Come and meet the official book club of the Doylestown Food Co-Op. They meet on the second Tuesday of each month, which means they meet again this Tuesday, May 9. If you are unfamiliar with the book club, know that the books focus on food and cooking.
This month’s book is Kitchens of the Great Midwest; a novel about a young woman with a special palate who becomes the iconic chef behind the country’s most coveted dinner reservation. Fore more information on the book club, see their website.
On the radar…
- Peddler’s Village 39th Annual Strawberry Fest returns the weekend of May 20 – May 21, from 10 am – 6 pm. The festival is rain or shine, and you can book strawberry festival packages here.
- Mother’s Day weekend is Friday May 12 through Sunday May 13. Be sure to check out our list of places to dine for this special day. Be sure to make your reservations ASAP!
- The Street Eats Food Truck Event at Sand Castle Winery is Sunday, May 21. You can eat unlimited food truck items, paired with different Sand Castle wines. The event has limited space so email the event coordinator with questions, and purchase your tickets online in advance.
And, for more details on any of our food calendar events, please go to our full calendar, Food Events in Bucks County, or click the “continue reading” link below.
Follow Bucks County Taste on…
Eating in Hunterdon County? Check out our Food Events in Hunterdon County calendar too!
SAVE THE DATE!
Friday, June 2: Cheese and Wine Tasting with local cheeses from Bucks County and nearby. Members only event. Details coming soon.
Sunday, June 25: Brunch at Genevieve’s Kitchen in Doylestown. Details coming soon.
For more details on any of these events, please go to our full calendar, Food Events in Bucks County.
Follow Bucks County Taste on…
Want to know what’s happening in Hunterdon County? See our Food Events in Hunterdon County calendar.
Please Support Our Advertisers
- Bakers (8)
- Charity (56)
- Cookbooks (19)
- Events (653)
- Farm Markets (311)
- Farms (260)
- Food Quotes (1)
- Holidays (149)
- Local Color (61)
- Other Places (23)
- Other Things About Food (174)
- People (35)
- Recipes (108)
- Restaurants (514)
- Retail stores (13)
- Sweets (83)
- Tweets (299)
- Uncategorized (13)
- Vegetarian/Vegan (40)
- Vineyards, Breweries and Bars (275)