The National Weather Service says it’s going to be one of those “a chance of showers and thunderstorms” weekends. (I mean, really. Is that CYA talk or what?) So, if those thunderstorms don’t appear, it should be a pretty nice Memorial Day weekend, especially Sunday and Monday. But don’t quote me.
The calendar is full – although not as full as last weekend. We’ve got six farmers’ markets going, a firehouse breakfast on Sunday in Haycock Township, and a couple of pancake breakfasts on Memorial Day in Doylestown. And…a hot dog lunch in Doylestown following the Memorial Day parade.
Looking beyond the weekend, the Vintage Grille in Fountainville is having a Beer vs. Wine Pairing Dinner on Wednesday, May 30th. Each of the four courses will be paired with both wine and beer. Woohoo. The beer is by local brewery Prism Brewing Company in North Wales.
Lobsterfest is right around the corner! This annual lobster dinner and festival raises money for the youth group of Trinity Episcopal Church in Solebury. The kids use the funds to build urban gardens in West Philadelphia neighborhoods. But you must order your lobster dinner ahead of time. Check out their website to order online. To learn more about the event and the mission, read our post from last year here.
For more details on any of these events, please go to our full calendar, Food Events in Bucks County. Have a safe weekend and thanks to all our men and women in uniform, past and present. Follow Bucks County Taste also on Facebook and Twitter.
- Stockton Market, 19 Bridge St, Stockton, NJ [3 - 7 pm]
- Beer Tasting, Phillips’ Fine Wines, 17 Bridge St, Stockton, NJ [4 - 6 pm]
- Ottsville Farmers’ Market – Linden Hill Gardens, 8230 Easton Rd., Ottsville, PA [4 - 8 pm]
- Friday Wine & Music – Hopewell Valley Vineyards, 46 Yard Rd., Pennington, NJ [5 - 8 pm]
- Friday Freestyle Flights of Wine – The Washington House, 136 N. Main Street , Sellersville, PA [5 - 10 pm]
- Wine & Music Under the Stars – Old York Cellars, 80 Old York Road, Ringoes, NJ [6 - 9 pm]
- Wine Concert Series – The Market by Shady Brook Farm at Delaware Valley College, 2100 Lower State Rd, Doylestown, PA [6 - 9 pm]
- Wine Concert Series – Shady Brook Farm, 931 Stony Hill Rd, Yardley, PA [6 - 9 pm]
- Wine Tasting for Singles – Crossing Vineyards, 1853 Wrightstown Road, Washington Crossing, PA [7 - 9 pm]
- Fridays Unplugged – Crossing Vineyards & Winery, 1853 Wrightstown Road, Washington Crossing, PA [8 - 10 pm]
Saturday, May 26:
- Doylestown Farmers’ Market – W. State & Hamilton St., Doylestown, PA [7 am - 12 pm]
- Perkasie Farmers’ Market – 7th and Market Sts, Perkasie, PA [9 am - 1 pm]
- Wrightstown Farmers’ Market – Wrightstown Twp. Municipal Bldg (parking lot), 2203 2nd Street Pike, Wrightstown, PA [9 am - 1 pm]
- Stockton Market, 19 Bridge St, Stockton, NJ [9 am - 4 pm]
- Wine Tasting – Phillips’ Fine Wines, 17 Bridge Street, Stockton, NJ [12 - 6 pm]
- Beer Tasting – New Hope Beverage, 6542-K1 Lower York Rd (Logan Square), New Hope, PA [3 - 7 pm]
- Saturday Wine & Music – Hopewell Valley Vineyards, 46 Yard Rd., Pennington, NJ [5 - 8 pm]
Sunday, May 27:
- Breakfast Buffet @ Father Gallen Council 5494 – Father Gallen Council 5494, 998 Easton Road, Warrington, PA [7:30 - 11 am]
- Firehouse Breakfast – Haycock Fire Company, 850 Old Bethlehem Road, Quakertown, PA [8 am - 12 pm]
- Hunterdon Land Trust Farmers’ Market – Dvoor Farm, Route 12 Circle, Flemington, NJ [9 am - 1 pm]
- Stockton Market – 19 Bridge St., Stockton, NJ [10 am - 4 pm]
- Pairing Wine and Cheese – Crossing Vineyards & Winery, 1853 Wrightstown Road, Washington Crossing, PA [2 - 3:30 pm]
- Jazzy Sundays – Hopewell Valley Vineyards, 46 Yard Rd., Pennington, NJ [2 - 5 pm]
Monday, May 28:
- Pancake Breakfast @ Doylestown Masonic Temple – Doylestown Masonic Temple, 55 E. State St., Doylestown, PA [7 am - 12 pm]
- Memorial Day Pancake Breakfast – Salem United Church of Christ, 186 E. Court St, Doylestown, PA [7:30 - 10 am]
- Hot Dog Lunch – First Baptist Church of Doylestown, 311 W. State St., Doylestown, PA [12 - 2 pm]
Tuesday, May 29:
- Sushi Night in the Wine Cellar @ The Inn at Lambertville Station, 11 Bridge Street, Lambertville, NJ [6 - 10 pm]
Wednesday, May 30:
- Pierogies Sale – St. Anne Ukrainian Catholic Church, 1545 Easton Rd., Warrington, PA [9 am - 3 pm]
- Wine Down Wednesdays – Old Bethlehem Road Hotel, 243 Old Bethlehem Road, Quakertown, PA [6 - 9 pm]
- Beer vs. Wine Pairing Dinner – Vintage Grille, 3617 Ferry Rd , Fountainville, PA [7 - 9 pm]
Thursday, May 31:
- Clam Bake – Logan Inn, 10 W. Ferry St, New Hope, PA [5 - 9 pm]
Sign up for our newsletter!
Top Posts & Pages
- 2013 - Going out for Christmas
- 2010 - Going out for the holidays in Bucks
- Zagat's 10 Best Waterside Restaurants...
- Food Events in Bucks County
- Fresh turkeys in Bucks - 2013
- Local foodie gifts: Cool gift baskets
- Where's the beef? And pork, and lamb, and chicken...
- Breakfast in Bucks
- About Us
- Blue Sage Grille
Looking for something?
Use the form below to search the site:
Still not finding what you're looking for? Drop a comment on a post or contact us so we can take care of it!