If you are dreading going back to work this Monday, remember that this week is Cinco de Mayo. That means there will be plenty of ways to celebrate, drink, and eat good food. There are also new restaurant specials available, and a few other good foodie events in Bucks County this week.
Happening “Happitizers.” The Pineville Tavern‘s new “Happitizer” program is starting this Monday, May 2. In addition to half price alcohol and appetizers, the restaurant is going to start offering the most popular menu items made-to-order for their guests. This is the Pineville’s way of rewarding its customers with a signature menu item between 5 – 7 pm. Here’s the weekly schedule:
Mondays: Ravioli & Gravy
Tuesdays: Fried Chicken Wings
Wednesdays: Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes
Thursdays: Porchetta Sandwiches
Fridays: Million Dollar Bacon
Eating wild. Want to learn a thing or two about eating healthy “in the wild?” This Tuesday, May 3 the Bucks County Foodshed Alliance and the Bucks Chapter of Buy Fresh Buy Local presents an educational talk by forager and food preserver Susan Pierson, who is taking a look at food activist Jo Robinson’s popular book, Eating on the Wild Side: The Missing Link to Optimal Health. The presentation starts at 7 pm and ends at 8:30 pm at the Bucks County Free Library in Doylestown. Registration is not required, no charge, and donations will be accepted.
Whiskey dinner. The Stockton Inn is launching a five-course whiskey dinner, partnering with Dad’s Hat Pennsylvania Rye Distillery, starting on Wednesday, May 4. The inn’s Chef Alan Heckman will pair the rye with a colonial inspired menu.
“Not only are small whiskey cocktails paired with each course, I’ve incorporated the spirits into the production of all of the dishes in a variety of ways,” said Heckman.
The whiskey dinner will be available throughout the month of May for $75 per person (plus tax and gratuity) or $100 per person with whiskey cocktail pairings. The Stockton Inn’s seasonal a-la-carte menu is also available Wednesdays through Saturdays 5 – 9 pm, and Sundays 3 – 8 pm. Make reservations by visiting their website, or call 609.397.1250.
Cinco de Mayo celebrations. Even though it’s a celebration of Mexico’s independence, culture and heritage, Americans like to celebrate Cinco de Mayo too—with parades, parties, music and food. Here are some Bucks County Mexican restaurants and specials so you can celebrate, too:
- The Washington House, (Sellersville): Come for Cinco de Mayo specials starting at 5 pm. Enjoy festive $5 appetizers, house made margaritas, and other dinner specials.
- Quinoa Peruvian & Mexican Restaurant, (Doylestown): Celebrate Cinco de Mayo at Quinoa with Chef’s Said classic recipes from his hometown Zacatecas Mexico. Reserve your table here.
- Los Sarapes, (Chalfont): Join the Mexican fiesta this Cinco de Mayo at Los Sarapes. There will be drink specials, souvenirs and special giveaways. Visit their website for more information.
- Mojito Cuba Caribe, (New Hope): Enjoy all you can eat mussels this Wednesday, May 4, the day before Cinco de Mayo, or enjoy a one dish of paella at Mojito’s. The restaurant also has its chef cook-off on Thursday, May 5, starting at 6 pm. Find more information on the chef cook-off here.
- Poco’s Mexican-American Restaurant & Bar, (Doylestown): Cinco de Mayo is Poco’s biggest day of the year, so they will be having a Cinco de Wednesday party on May 4, starting at 3 pm. Giveaways, drink specials, and the Cuervo Girls live.
- Tu Casa, (Chalfont): Try Tu Casa’s lunch special from 11 am – 2:30 pm if you can’t go out partying on May 5. They deliver, and you can also dine in and enjoy items like empanadas, spicy grilled shrimp, and tacos.
And there’s more…here’s our post on all the Mexican and Latino restaurants in Bucks and nearby.
Mother’s Day is almost here! If you still need to make reservations for Mother’s Day, check out which places in Bucks or Hunterdon County are having brunch or dinner for the big day.
Due to demand, we’re offering this fun dinner again
on Sunday, May 22. Can you come?
A Spring Tasting at the Lumberville General Store
Sunday, May 22, 2016 ∼ 6 pm
Join the Bucks County Taste Dinner Club as we get to wine and dine both inside and outside the newly restored Lumberville General Store on a lovely May evening. [Read our post here about the renovation.]
$45 per person, INCLUDES tax and gratuity. Only 30 seats will be available. Click here for more information and to purchase tickets.
For more details on any of these events, please go to our full calendar, Food Events in Bucks County, or click the “continue reading” link below.
Follow Bucks County Taste on…
Eating in Hunterdon County? Check out our Food Events in Hunterdon County calendar too!
For more details on any of these events, please go to our full calendar, Food Events in Bucks County.
Follow Bucks County Taste on…
Want to know what’s happening in Hunterdon County? See our Food Events in Hunterdon County calendar.
Please Support Our Advertisers
- Bakers (6)
- Charity (53)
- Cookbooks (19)
- Events (602)
- Farm Markets (300)
- Farms (256)
- Food Quotes (1)
- Holidays (140)
- Local Color (57)
- Other Places (23)
- Other Things About Food (168)
- People (35)
- Recipes (105)
- Restaurants (452)
- Retail stores (11)
- Sweets (77)
- Tweets (299)
- Uncategorized (13)
- Vegetarian/Vegan (40)
- Vineyards, Breweries and Bars (248)