My, oh my, how is it the middle of May already? I hate clichés, but time does fly when you are having fun — especially when there is good, local food to be eaten. Bucks County has some tasty events this week, whether you’re in the mood for some community comfort food, free appetizers, good brews or tasty food.
Free dinner. Nothing beats a warm meatloaf. This Monday, May 17, enjoy a free dinner at the Presbyterian Church of Deep Run in Perkasie. The church is opening its doors to the community for a free dinner of meatloaf, green beans, mashed potatoes, and gravy, with homemade treats for dessert. The meal is served in Hoopes Hall from 5:30 – 6:30 pm. Visit their website for questions or more information.
Can’t make it to this free dinner? The Christ Community Bible Church in Perkasie, PA is also opening its doors for a free community dinner. It’s served from 5:30 – 6:30 pm on Wednesday, May 18. Call 215.257.7318 for more information.
Taco Tuesday. Taco Tuesday is coming! Join Comfortfood and Kitchenette for some comfort food and a movie. Tacos are served family style with chips, homemade salsas, pickled veggies. There are endless tacos and a great flick, chef’s choice. Starts at 7 pm and it’s $25 per person, excluding tax and gratuity. Call to find out what movie is playing at 215.847.5707 or check their Facebook page.
Free apps for ladies. Ladies, every Wednesday in May, if you purchase a beverage between 6 – 9 pm at the Rising Sun Inn, receive an appetizer of your choice for free. One free appetizer per visit. Try buffalo pot stickers, grilled jumbo shrimp, or their homemade mozzarella sticks.
Beer dinner. The Spinnerstown Hotel, Restaurant and Tap Room in Quakertown is hosting a Firestone Walker Beer dinner on Wednesday, May 18 at 7 pm. There will be five beers and four courses. Seats are $55, and designated driver tickets are $35. The beers include:
Welcome Beer – Opal
Small plate – Bretta Rose
Salad – Luponic Distortion
Dinner – Double Barrel Ale
Dessert – Velvet Merlin
On the radar…
- Taste of the World: It’s not too late to purchase tickets to this delicious fundraiser for Pearl S. Buck International in Perkasie. Bucks County Taste will be one of the celebrity judges, choosing from over two dozen local restaurants. Pearl S. Buck International provides opportunities to explore cultures and builds better lives for children through child sponsorship. For more information and to purchase tickets, click here.
- Strawberry Fest Fun Run: It’s strawberry season, and the Market at DelVal will be kicking off a first annual strawberry run on May 21, starting at 9 am. There are runs for all levels, including a “fun run” for kids. For more information and how to register, visit their website.
- Brews and bites: Stroll the Pennsbury Manor on June 18 and taste regional craft beers and food, along the 43-acre country estate of William Penn. General admission is $40, and you can purchase online or by phone at 21.946.0400.
Due to demand, we’re offering this fun dinner again
on Sunday, May 22.
A Spring Tasting at the Lumberville General Store
Sunday, May 22, 2016 ∼ 6 pm
Join the Bucks County Taste Dinner Club as we get to wine and dine both inside and outside the newly restored Lumberville General Store on a lovely May evening. [Read our post here about the renovation.]
Here are some pictures from our dinner last night, Sunday, May 15, 2016. Would you like to come this Sunday?
$45 per person, INCLUDES tax and gratuity. We still have some seats available. Sign up soon. Click here for more information and to purchase tickets.
For more details on any of these events, please go to our full calendar, Food Events in Bucks County, or click the “continue reading” link below.
Follow Bucks County Taste on…
Eating in Hunterdon County? Check out our Food Events in Hunterdon County calendar too!
For more details on any of these events, please go to our full calendar, Food Events in Bucks County.
Follow Bucks County Taste on…
Want to know what’s happening in Hunterdon County? See our Food Events in Hunterdon County calendar.
Please Support Our Advertisers
- Bakers (5)
- Charity (51)
- Cookbooks (19)
- Events (581)
- Farm Markets (293)
- Farms (251)
- Food Quotes (1)
- Holidays (136)
- Local Color (45)
- Other Places (23)
- Other Things About Food (167)
- People (35)
- Recipes (104)
- Restaurants (431)
- Retail stores (10)
- Sweets (74)
- Tweets (299)
- Uncategorized (13)
- Vegetarian/Vegan (40)
- Vineyards, Breweries and Bars (235)