Let the Fourth of July festivities continue! In Bucks County this week, catch some festive fireworks, watch local parades stroll by, and enjoy all of the food that goes so well with summer. That means everything from hot dogs and hamburgers and watermelon!
July Fourth Celebrations in Bucks County
You can celebrate the holiday all weekend long, but the Fourth of July is the real deal. Celebrate Independence Day this Tuesday with parades, fairs, celebrations, and plenty of food!
- Independence Day at RSI: The Rising Sun Inn is hosting July 4th fun all day at their inn. There will be contests like the buffalo hot dog eating contest (pre-register in their tavern prior to July 4th), a chilli cook-off, a quoits tournament, and more. Don’t forget food and drink specials, hamburgers, and hot dogs.
- Independence Day at WCP: Washington Crossing Park historians will demonstrate their crafts, take you on a tour of historic buildings, and a reading of the Declaration of Independence this Fourth of July. Readings are 12:30, 1:30, 2:30 and 3:30 pm. Admission is $8 for adults (age 12 and over), $4 for children (ages 5-11) and free for those under age five. All proceeds support programming in the park. Refreshments will be available for purchase. Parking is free, and this event is held rain or shine.
- Old-fashioned 4th of July: The Fonthill Castle in Doylestown is celebrating the Fourth of July with family fun, food and old-fashioned games, crafts, live music, and more. There’s a watermelon eating contest, tug-o-war, the cakewalk, and delicious food vendors. Also, you can also bring your own picnic. Starts at 12 pm – 4 pm.
July 4th Parades and Fairs
- Southampton Days 46th Annual Country Fair: Starts July 3 through July 8 from 6 – 11 pm at the Ballfields at Tamanend Park. Price is $3 on the 4th of July only – all other nights free. Rain or shine.
- Tri-Municipal 4th of July Parade: Parade begins at 9:30 am at the Town Center Shopping Center in New Britain.
- Quakertown Community Day: Held at the Memorial Park on Mill Street in Quakertown. Enjoy food, live music, a car show, games, prizes and fireworks.
- Skippack 4th of July Parade & Fireworks: Held at Palmer Park in Skippack. It’s a small town parade that begins at 11 am and travels down Route 73 through the heart of Skippack Vilalge. Parade route gets crowded, so arrive early.
Farm tour and potluck. Jim Wertman, a veteran turned farmer, and his wife Stacy built Aro Hill Farm in Jamison. Not only is Aro Hill their 13-acre family run farm, it’s also the next spot for the Bucks County Foodshed Alliance summer farm tour and potluck. The potluck meal runs from 6 – 7 pm on July 5 with the tour to follow. Guests are expected to bring a dish to share with others, their family’s own eating equipment, beverages and seating, and carry out their own trash.
Wear appropriate shoes for the farm tour, where you’ll learn more about Aro Hill Farm. Call 215.621.8967 for more information.
Blueberries and berries! Add a fruity boost to your smoothies and cereal with the bounty of blueberries, along with tart cherries here and there. All your favorite berries are starting to come in for the season, but you’ll probably see blueberries and tart cherries the most. Check out this guide for PYO berries and pick-up berries too. Be sure to check their websites or Facebook pages!
Want to know when your local farmers market is open? Check out our 2017 Guide to Farmers Markets in Bucks and nearby.
And, for more details on any of our food calendar events, please go to our full calendar, Food Events in Bucks County, or click the “continue reading” link below.
Follow Bucks County Taste on…
Eating in Hunterdon County? Check out our Food Events in Hunterdon County calendar too!
For more details on any of these events, please go to our full calendar, Food Events in Bucks County.
Follow Bucks County Taste on…
Want to know what’s happening in Hunterdon County? See our Food Events in Hunterdon County calendar.
Please Support Our Advertisers
- Bakers (8)
- Charity (56)
- Cookbooks (19)
- Events (663)
- Farm Markets (315)
- Farms (261)
- Food Quotes (1)
- Holidays (152)
- Local Color (61)
- Other Places (23)
- Other Things About Food (173)
- People (34)
- Recipes (109)
- Restaurants (519)
- Retail stores (13)
- Sweets (83)
- Tweets (299)
- Uncategorized (13)
- Vegetarian/Vegan (40)
- Vineyards, Breweries and Bars (276)