Happy Monday! After a jam-packed weekend filled with foodie events and festivals, this week at first appears like we are in a food drought — but not if you know where to look. If you want to go out this week and experience a good meal (or two) check out our roundup below.
Taco Night. Come to Comfortfood and Kitchenette for some comfort food and a movie on Taco Tuesday. Tacos are served family style with chips, homemade salsas, pickled veggies. There are endless tacos and a great flick, chef’s choice. Starts at 7 pm and it’s $25 per person, excluding tax and gratuity. Call to find out what movie is playing at 215.847.5707 or check their Facebook page.
Also, the Comfortfood and Kitchenette is taking a short break starting August 1, and returning on August 9. Stock up on your freezer/fridge items before they go on vacation.
BYOB Anniversary. Come celebrate 21 years of business at the Arpeggio BYOB in Spring House* for a chance to win a complimentary dinner, simply by playing blackjack. Mary Cullom and Chef Hamdy Khalil will present guests with a hand of blackjack when customers get their check on Wednesday, July 27 for dinner (4 – 9:30 pm). Cullom and her servers will deal the table a hand of blackjack, and if a table hits 21, they will have their entire bill comped. The table is still responsible for gratuity. Tables that “bust” will receive 21% off their bill.
*Arpeggio is in Montgomery County, PA, but this event looks like fun and it’s a short distance away from Warminster.
Food Truck Thursdays. Food trucks are a great way to spend an evening outdoors, while sampling plenty of different cuisines. Head over to Peddler’s Village and enjoy a variety of flavors from food trucks from all over the Delaware Valley. The food trucks are there from 4 – 8 pm. Admission and parking is free, which means more money to spend on food! Visit the Peddler’s Village Facebook for more information.
Here are some of the trucks that have come in the past: Empanada Lady, Chicken ‘n Cone, Cinnamini Donuts, Maddalena’s Cheesecake and Catering, Meat Wagon BBQ, Cheezen, Nina’s Waffles and Ice Cream, The Lunch Box, Tower Dogs Food Truck, Surf and Turf, and Philly Fry.
Crab fest in July. There’s only a few more days left of Crab Fest at the Karlton Cafe in Quakertown. Crab Fest specials are available for breakfast, lunch and dinner, daily. But it’s only for July! Menu items include Alaskan king crab omelet, crab cakes, and more.
On the radar…
- Celebrity Chef Farm to Table Dinner: The second celebrity chef farm-to-table will feature a celebration of food and the cooking of two great chefs. Chef Keith Blalock of PA Soup and Seafood and Penn taproom, and Chef Kevin Blalock of Lookaway Golf Club will be the twin chefs on Saturday, August 13 at Bucks County Audubon Society at Honey Hollow. Buy your tickets today here.
- Newtown Beerfest: Tickets for the Newtown Beerfest are currently for sale. This event is Saturday, September 17, but since it’s a popular event, it’s recommended you buy your tickets in advance. The beerfest includes live music, food, and plenty of local breweries.
- Summer clam bake. Enjoy a clam bake feast at the Sand Castle Winery on Saturday, August 14 from 1 – 4 pm. You’ll get one dozen steamed clams in a garlic and white wine sauce, stuffed clams, friend clam strips. Other dishes will be available for purchase a la carte. Tickets must be purchased in advance. They are available for sale through Thursday, August 11. Call 610.294.8303 or reserve online.
We’re working on setting up some lovely dinners this summer.
Get on our email list below and be the first to know!
For more details on any of these events, please go to our full calendar, Food Events in Bucks County, or click the “continue reading” link below.
Follow Bucks County Taste on…
Eating in Hunterdon County? Check out our Food Events in Hunterdon County calendar too!
For more details on any of these events, please go to our full calendar, Food Events in Bucks County.
Follow Bucks County Taste on…
Want to know what’s happening in Hunterdon County? See our Food Events in Hunterdon County calendar.
Please Support Our Advertisers
- Bakers (8)
- Charity (56)
- Cookbooks (19)
- Events (669)
- Farm Markets (317)
- Farms (261)
- Food Quotes (1)
- Holidays (152)
- Local Color (61)
- Other Places (23)
- Other Things About Food (173)
- People (34)
- Recipes (109)
- Restaurants (521)
- Retail stores (13)
- Sweets (83)
- Tweets (299)
- Uncategorized (13)
- Vegetarian/Vegan (40)
- Vineyards, Breweries and Bars (280)