If…time and money were not a factor, this is how I’d spend my weekend in Bucks County and nearby.
I’d drop by the Stockton Market Friday evening for Sushi Night, created by Metropolitan Seafood (reservations required: 908.840.4332 by Thursday 1/19). Then pop over to the Centre Bridge Inn for a cocktail and some fine singing by Barbara Trent. Or maybe attend the 3rd Annual Burns Dinner at the Black Bass Hotel, in honor of the Scottish poet Robert Burns. There’s sure to be lots of good scotch and most assuredly haggis.
Saturday morning would find us at Vera’s Country Cafe in Ottsville, one of our favorite breakfast places. Afterwards we’d swing over to the Ottsville Winter Farmers’ Market at Linden Hill Gardens, right on Route 611. Then over to Peddler’s Village and the Chaddsford Winery’s Tasting Room for a “class” on pairing wine and cheese. And if we want to continue in that vein, maybe we’d drop by Hopewell Valley Vineyards later in the day for their Saturday Wine and Music.
Sunday…I think we’d rest a bit by the fire after cooking up some Bigos stew – a hearty concoction of meats, sauerkraut, root vegetables and beer. It takes 4-5 hours in the oven and makes the house smell divine. See our previous post about Bigos and how to make it here.
On the horizon. The Lambertville-New Hope Winter Festival gets into full swing next weekend beginning with the Taste of Winter Fest at the Inn at Lambertville Station on Thursday, January 26 with food from local restaurants, wineries and breweries. The annual Beef n’ Brew takes place on Saturday, January 28 at the Triumph Brewery. Advance tickets for both are encouraged and can be bought online here.
Friday, January 20:
- Stockton Farmers’ Market, 19 Bridge St, Stockton, NJ [3-7 pm]
- Beer Tasting, Phillips’ Fine Wines, 17 Bridge St, Stockton, NJ [4-6 pm]
- Friday Wine & Music – Hopewell Valley Vineyards, 46 Yard Rd., Pennington, NJ [5-8 pm]
- Kindle Cafe’s Supper Club – TBA – private location, Lambertville, NJ [6 - 8 pm]
- Burns Night – Black Bass Hotel, 3774 River Rd, Lumberville, PA [6:30 - 10:30 pm]
Saturday, January 21:
- Ottsville Winter Farmers’ Market @ Linden Hill Gardens, 8230 Easton Rd., Ottsville, PA (in the greenhouse) [9 am - 12 pm]
- Stockton Farmers’ Market, 19 Bridge St, Stockton, NJ [9 am - 4 pm]
- Wine Tasting @ Phillips’ Fine Wines, Stockton, NJ [12 - 6 pm]
- Wine & Cheese Pairing – Chaddsford Winery Tasting Room, Peddler’s Village, Lahaska, PA [2 - 3:30 pm]
- Pairing Wine and Cheese – Crossing Vineyards & Winery, 1853 Wrightstown Road, Washington Crossing, PA [2 - 4 pm]
- Beer Tasting – New Hope Beverage, 6542-K1 Lower York Rd (Logan Square), New Hope, PA [3 - 7 pm]
- Saturday Wine & Music @ Hopewell Valley Vineyards, Pennington [5-8 pm]
- New Hope/Lambertville Singles Casual Social – Mother’s Wine Bar & Restaurant, 34 N. Main Street , New Hope, PA [7:30 - 10 pm]
Sunday, January 22:
- Breakfast Buffet @ Father Gallen Council 5494 – Father Gallen Council 5494, 998 Easton Road, Warrington, PA [7:30 - 11 am]Stockton Farmers’ Market – 19 Bridge St., Stockton, NJ [10 am - 4 pm]
- Vinyasa Yoga & Wine – Crossing Vineyards & Winery, 1853 Wrightstown Road , Washington Crossing, PA [11:30 am - 1:30 pm]
- A Dummies Guide to Wine Tasting – Crossing Vineyards & Winery, 1853 Wrightstown Road, Washington Crossing, PA [2 - 4 pm]
Monday, January 23:
- Evening in the Colonial Kitchen @ Cock n’ Bull Restaurant, Peddler’s Village, Lahaska, PA [5 - 9 pm]
- Everyday Vegetarian (class) – Carlow Cookery, Doylestown Shopping Center, 432 North Main Street, Doylestown, PA [7 - 9 pm]
Tuesday, January 24:
Wednesday, January 25:
- Pierogy Wednesdays @ St Anne Ukrainian Catholic Church, St. Anne Activity Hall, 1545 Easton Road, Warrington, PA [9 am - 12 pm]
- Kindle Cafe’s Cooking Class – TBA – private location, Lambertville, NJ [6 - 8 pm]
- Wine Down Wednesdays @ Old Bethlehem Road Hotel, 243 Old Bethlehem Road, Quakertown, PA [6 - 9 pm]
Thursday, January 26:
- Clam Bake @ Logan Inn, 10 W. Ferry St, New Hope, PA [5 - 9 pm]
- Kindle Cafe’s Supper Club a piedi – TBA – private location, Lambertville, NJ [6 - 8 pm]
- Flying Fish Brewery Tasting Event – McCoole’s, 4 S. Main Street (Main & Broad Streets), Quakertown, PA [6 - 8 pm]
- Sushi Night in the Wine Cellar @ The Inn at Lambertville Station, 11 Bridge Street, Lambertville, NJ [6 - 10 pm]
- Big Game Bash (class) – Carlow Cookery, Doylestown Shopping Center, 432 North Main Street, Doylestown, PA [7 - 9 pm]
- Taste of Winter Fest – The Inn at Lambertville Station, 11 Bridge Street, Lambertville, NJ [7 - 9 pm]
Looking for something?
Use the form below to search the site:
Still not finding what you're looking for? Drop a comment on a post or contact us so we can take care of it!