Gosh, I’m happy. Greens, purples, corals, pinks, yellows – they are a balm for my soul. And even if it’s going to be a little cool, and occasionally overcast, this weekend, I’m still quite pleased. The calendar is filling up with lots to do and, yes, there is a spring in my step.
What’s happening? As I mentioned last week, the first seasonal farmers’ market opens this weekend in Doylestown. The Doylestown Farmers’ Market is open every Saturday morning, now through November, on Hamilton Street, from 7:30 am to noon.
In Stockton, a couple of fun things. The Stockton Farmers’ Market, of course, takes place on Saturday and Sunday. Every Saturday, too, Phillips’ Fine Wines has a wine tasting from noon to 5 pm. On Sunday the Stockton Fire Company will serve up a Roast Beef Dinner from noon to 5 pm. And if you’ve become a fan of Metropolitan Seafood, the fishmonger at the Stockton Market, sign up for a special event they are co-hosting with Phillips’ on the evening of Thursday, April 22nd – an Oyster and Wine Pairing Tasting (yum). RSVP is required. Details for all of these events can be found on our Food Events in Bucks County calendar.
One of the other vendors at the Stockton Market – and Wrightstown Farmers’ Market – is Flint Hill Farm, who make all kinds of goat and cow soft cheeses. They are hosting their annual Open House this Saturday, April 17th and next Sunday, April 25th. It’s a great way to celebrate Earth Day with the kids.
In case you haven’t checked out Chef Vincent Peterson’s Kindle Café, you have two opportunities this week. The Kindle Café serves up a prix fix gourmet vegetarian meal every Friday night at Rojo’s Roastery in Lambertville. Every other Monday evening they team up to create Soupcon Salon – an evening of food and music, held at the Manon Restaurant on Union Street in Lambertville.
What’s coming up this week?
Every Wednesday, The Copper Leaf Grill in Buckingham is offering a complimentary beer tasting with 3-course prix fixe menu (the beers are paired with the menu). Also this Wednesday, Slow Food founder Carlo Petrini will be speaking at Princeton University. It’s free.
In the “I-can’t-believe-it’s-that-time-already” category, next Friday, April 23rd begins A-Day at Delaware Valley College, continuing through the weekend. And…Shad Fest also takes place next weekend in Lambertville. Whew. Spring IS here.
For more details, please go to our full calendar, Food Events in Bucks County. Have a safe and pleasant weekend!
Friday, April 16th:
Forecast – Clearing, 75°
- Wines of Italy @ Carlow Cookery, Doylestown [7 – 9 pm]
- Wine Tasting for Singles @ Crossing Vineyards, Washington Crossing [7 – 9 pm]
- Kindle Cafe Supper Club @ Rojo’s Roastery, Lambertville [7:30 – 9 pm]
- All That Jazz @ Crossing Vineyards, Washington Crossing [8 – 10 pm]
Saturday, April 17th:
Forecast – Mixed clouds/sun, 55°
- Doylestown Farmers’ Market, Doylestown [7 am – 12 pm]
- Stockton Farmers’ Market, Stockton, NJ [9 am – 3 pm]
- Flint Hill Farm Open House, Coopersburg [10 am – 4 pm]
- Spring Wine Weekends @ Chaddsford Winery, Lahaska [10 am – 6 pm]
- Kitchen Garden Preview @ The Market at Del Val, Doylestown [11 am – 3 pm]
- Wine Tasting @ Phillips’ Fine Wines, Stockton [12 – 5 pm]
- Spaghetti Dinner @ St. John’s Lutheran, Richlandtown [5:30 – 7:30 pm]
Sunday, April 18th:
Forecast – Sunny, 57°
- Breakfast Buffet @ Plumsteadville Fire Co., Plumsteadville [7 am – 12 pm]
- Breakfast @ Riegelsville Fire Company, Riegelsville [8 am – 12:30 pm]
- Stockton Farmers’ Market, Stockton, NJ [10 am – 3 pm]
- Roast Beef Dinner @ Stockton Fire Co., Stockton [12 – 5 pm]
- Open Hearth Cooking Demonstration, Pennsbury Manor, Morrisville [1 – 4 pm]
- A Dummies Guide to Wine Tasting @ Crossing Vineyards, Washington Crossing [2 – 5 pm]
- Spaghetti Dinner @ Ottsville Fire Co., Ottsville [4 – 8 pm]
- Wines from Around the World @ Chaddsford Winery, Lahaska [7 – 9 pm]
Monday, April 19th:
- Wine 101 – Class #5 – Red Wine @ Crossing Vineyards, Washington Crossing [6:30 – 8:30 pm]
- Simply Delicious @ The Cooking Cottage, Sellersville [6:30 – 8:30 pm]
- Successfully Slender – Eating in Season @ Carlow Cookery, Doylestown [7 – 9 pm]
- Soupcon Salon by Kindle Café, Lambertville [7 – 9:15 pm]
Please Support Our Advertisers
- Bakers (8)
- Charity (56)
- Cookbooks (19)
- Events (642)
- Farm Markets (303)
- Farms (259)
- Food Quotes (1)
- Holidays (149)
- Local Color (61)
- Other Places (23)
- Other Things About Food (174)
- People (35)
- Recipes (108)
- Restaurants (506)
- Retail stores (13)
- Sweets (83)
- Tweets (299)
- Uncategorized (13)
- Vegetarian/Vegan (40)
- Vineyards, Breweries and Bars (271)