Sometimes I really can’t believe how fast time goes. How is it possible that it’s almost Friday and this weekend is Easter Sunday? For some families, Easter is a great time to get together and celebrate old traditions.
But in between all the reuniting, egg hunts, and baked goodies, there are a few other things happening in Bucks County to make your weekend special.
You’ll notice there seems to be a theme of beer and wine and Easter eggs, but don’t worry, there’s food too.
1. Easter Wine Sale
Thursday through Saturday, Mar. 24 – 26, 10 am – 6 pm, Peace Valley Winery, 300 Old Limekiln Road, Chalfont, PA
Did you decide to host Easter brunch or dinner this year and you are in need of a good adult beverage? Whether you recognize Easter or not, there is a great Easter wine sale at Peace Valley Winery in Chalfont, PA this Thursday, March 24 until Saturday, March 26.
The winery recommends Peace Valley Excalibur to pair with lamb, New Britain Rose with ham, and Chalfont Rouge to go with the whole meal, or for sipping after brunch. Those three wines will be on sale for 10% off, on top of their normal quantity discounts (10% off six or more bottles; 25% off 12 or more bottles). The winery is closed for Easter Sunday. Call 215.409.9058 for more information.
2. Hop Madness at Spinnerstown Hotel
Thursday through Saturday, Mar. 24 – Mar. 26, Spinnerstown Hotel, 2195 Spinnerstown Road, Quakertown, PA
It’s time for some hops, and we aren’t talking about the Easter bunny. Starting on “thirsty” Thursday, March 24 and ending on Saturday, March 26, the Spinnerstown Hotel is having a hop madness celebration in spirit of March Madness, featuring Stone Brewing Company beers. On draft will be Stone Pataskala Red X IPA, Stone IPA, Stone Ruination 2.0, and Stone Delicious.
3. Poses and Pints
Saturday, Mar. 26, 11 am, Moondog Yoga Studio Inc., 44 Front Street, Quakertown, PA
After a good session of yoga, it’s nice to wash it down with…a beer? You read that right. Join Moondog Yoga at the Proper Brewing Company for one of their Poses & Pints workshops on Saturday, March 26. It’s a one hour all-levels yoga class starting at 11 am, followed by your choice of a Proper pint. Have your friends meet up after yoga if they’re not as limber as you. Must be 21 years old for this event, and it’s BYOM (bring your own mat). Class is $20 and you can register here.
4. Bunny Brunch at The Market
Saturday, Mar. 26, 9 am, The Market at DelVal, 2100 Lower State Rd., Doylestown, PA
The Market at DelVal will hold its annual brunch with the Easter Bunny along with an egg hunt for children this weekend on Friday and Saturday, March 25 – 26. Cost is $15 per person. The morning starts with cooked breakfast at The Market, including scrambled eggs, an omelet station, bacon, sausage, french toast, potatoes, fresh fruit, juice, coffee and more. The Easter egg hunt will follow. Reservations for brunch are required. Call 215.230.7170. For more information on the egg hunt, see the website for details.
5. Easter Eggstravagnza
Thursday through Saturday, Mar. 24 – 26, 11 am – 4 pm, Shady Brook Farm, 931 Stony Hill Road, Yardley, PA
Shady Brook Farm is holding it’s annual Easter Eggstravagnza — an Easter egg hunt on March 24 – 26, 2016 from 11 am – 4 pm in their festival field. Every child participating will hunt for six candy filled eggs, and also get a prize. Wagon rides run continuously throughout the day. Families will take a wagon ride to the “Hunting Grounds” where kids will find the candy-filled eggs and get their prize.
There will also be giant jumping pillows, inflatable attractions, SBF 500 pedal go-carts, BEARS playground, Lil’ bucking broncos, oversized games, and a meet and greet with the Easter Bunny. Admission is $10 per child, $3 per adult.
Bring a non-perishable food donation to receive $1 off a child’s admission. Stop by the Farm Market to pick up some produce, or get some ice cream since the weather is warming up.
6. Wrightstown Farmers Market
Saturday, Mar. 26, 10 – 11:30 am, Wrightstown Farmers Market, 2203 2nd Street Pike, Wrightstown, PA
Come fill your Easter basket with fresh produce and other goodies at the Wrightstown Farmers Market this Saturday, March 26 from 10 – 11:30 am.
Also on Saturday, Outside the Box Landscape is partnering with the market to lead a community project to develop a butterfly and pollinator garden at the market location. The garden will be a Monarch butterfly way station and seek certification through the Monarch Watch. Butterflies help the food supply, and they are also pretty to look at in the garden.
Come this Saturday to shop and create a special place at the market. Bring gardening gloves and a cooler for your purchases.
7. Easter Brunches and Lunches
Sunday, Mar. 27, all over Bucks County
Plans for Easter fell through? Couldn’t find a good ham? Or are the in-laws coming in unexpectedly and there is no way you can host 10 people? Here are some last-minute additions to our Easter 2016 roundup. Be sure to call these restaurants first for reservations.
- Bella Tori at the Mansion, in Langhorne, is having a special brunch menu on Easter Sunday from 11 am – 4 pm. Adults cost $32 and kids age four to nine are $16.
- Bensalem County Country Club, in Bensalem, is serving Easter brunch and dinner from 10 am – 5 pm. Admission is $31.95 for adults, kids under 14 are $20.95 and kids under three are free. Visit their website for menu details.
- Black Bass Hotel, in Lumberville, is having brunch from 10 am – 2:30 pm, and dinner prix fixe for $67.50. Children under 12 are $18, and children under two are free. There is a separate children’s menu for $9. Call the Bass to make reservations.
- Brick Tavern Inn, in Quakertown, will serve dinner from 12 – 6 pm. Check out the menu here and be sure to call for reservations.
- Bridgetown Mill House, in Langhorne, will have an Easter menu from 11 am – 4 pm with a prix fixe menu at $39.99 per adult and $19.99 per children. From 4 – 9 pm there will be a regular a la carte menu.
- Mojito Cuba Caribe, in New Hope, will have a special menu for Easter brunch from 11 am – 2 pm. Visit their website for menu details.
- Washington Crossing Inn, Washington Crossing, will have a special Easter menu from 9:30 am – 6 pm with breakfast selections, carving stations, Kid’s Corner, and more. Call for reservations. Admission is $44 for adults, $24 for children ages four to 10, and toddlers are free.
Have a great weekend!
Want to know what’s happening in Hunterdon County? See our Food Events in Hunterdon County calendar.
If you liked this post, check out these:
Please Support Our Advertisers
- Bakers (5)
- Charity (51)
- Cookbooks (19)
- Events (580)
- Farm Markets (293)
- Farms (251)
- Food Quotes (1)
- Holidays (136)
- Local Color (45)
- Other Places (23)
- Other Things About Food (167)
- People (35)
- Recipes (104)
- Restaurants (429)
- Retail stores (10)
- Sweets (74)
- Tweets (299)
- Uncategorized (13)
- Vegetarian/Vegan (40)
- Vineyards, Breweries and Bars (235)