We have a confession to make. Bucks County isn’t the best place to eat and dine.
April Fools! Well, technically April Fools day is tomorrow, but I am looking forward to pranking people. Have you ever done a really crazy April Fools day prank? One time, I had my friend call my dad pretending he was administration at college, and that I had been causing “problems” at the school. Another time, I replaced the salt with sugar. Which do you think made him more mad?
This weekend, you can check out plenty of foodie events like wine and beer tasting, happy hour specials, a cooking class, and more. And no, this isn’t a prank. But good luck getting one over on your friends and family.
1. Beer Tasting: Sweetwater Brewing Co.
Friday, Apr. 1, 5 pm, Washington House, 136 North Main Street, Sellersville PA
Every first Friday of the month, the Washington House in Sellersville has a beer tasting featuring a beer or brewery. This Friday, April 1, the beer served will be SweetWater Brewing Co. This company’s roots began back in Boulder, Colorado in the early 90’s while Freddy Bensch and Kevin McNerney were roommates at the University of Colorado. Soon they were off and running brewing beer for other breweries around the west coast. The price of the flight varies at this event.
2. Foodie First Friday
Friday, Apr. 1, Downtown Doylestown, PA
Looking for a new restaurant in downtown Doylestown? This Friday, April 1 is “Foodie First Friday,” a recurring event that celebrates culture, community and cuisine. Many of the restaurants have specials for the celebration so try a restaurant you’ve never been to, or stop by your usual place and enjoy your favorites. Here are a few restaurants and food shops participating. For a full list, click here:
- Hickory Kitchen: The best of Bucks BBQ, with vegetarian options, gluten-free options, and obviously tons of great comfort food.
- Bobby Simone’s Bar & Restaurant: The restaurant’s new spring menu is here, with creative cuisine that you can pair with beer or wine.
- The Zen Den: A funky coffee boutique with baked goods and plenty of varieties of coffee and tea.
- The Station Tap House: Voted best beer bar, and it’s also conveniently by the train station in Doylestown if you don’t want to drive! March Madness specials are going on right now at the Tap House.
- Artistic Pizzeria: Open late, this place has traditional style pizza with an artistic twist.
If you’re out and about this weekend, there are a few other Foodie Fridays happening. Lansdale is celebrating First Friday, as well as Southside Bethlehem and Old City in Philadelphia. Make sure you start in Doylestown!
3. Live Music and Food at Jamison Grill
Friday, Apr. 1, 7 – 10 pm, The Jamison Grill, 2600 York Road, Jamison, PA
Every Friday night, The Jamison Grill of the Bucks Club has live music and entertainment. This Friday, April 1, enjoy the music of Dyanne Hunter from 7 – 10 pm. Make a night out of it by stopping in before, for happy hour from 4 – 6 pm. Specials include $2 domestics, $3.50 imports and crafts, $4 house wine, $2 off mixed drinks, and half off assorted appetizers.
4. Eat This Sampling
Saturday, Apr. 2, 1 – 4 pm, Villa Milagro Vineyards, 33 Warren Glen Road, Finesville, NJ
Eat This is family owned and operated in Erwinna, PA. Chef Gino likes to use all-natural and sustainable products for their jams, marmalade and other things. He also likes to use locally produced ingredients. Sample some of the marmalade and jams this weekend on Saturday and Sunday from 1 – 4 pm at Villa Milagro Vineyards, NJ. $10 for admission, which includes tasting of five wines, a glass to keep as a gift, and plenty of Eat This’ goodies to enjoy.
Speaking of local ingredients, check out Bucks County Taste’s new series, Meet Your Farmer.
5. Culinary Education Class
Sunday, Apr. 3, 1 – 4 pm, Sand Castle Winery, 755 River Rd., Erwinna, PA
Learn the secrets of pairing wine with shrimp in a three-part demonstration and sampling at Sand Castle Winery in Erwinna this Sunday, April 3. CIA graduate, Chef Scott Zabower, will showcase some of Sand Castle’s balsamics, olive oils, and other recipes, with a dessert served after the class. Tickets must be purchased in advance online and are non-refundable. There are still a few spots left so head over to the winery’s website quick.
On the radar:
- Taste of Bucks-Mont: Sunday, April 10 at The Fuge in Warminster. Experience cuisine from Bucks and Montgomery counties. This event will run from 12 – 5 pm. Buy your tickets in advance. Benefits Big Brothers Big Sisters of Bucks County.
- Taste for Life Fundraiser: Sunday, April 10 at Aldie Mansion. A wine lovers event that also is a fundraiser for cancer in honor of David Presti. Tickets are available to purchase now.
Want to know what’s happening in Hunterdon County? See our Food Events in Hunterdon County calendar.
If you liked this post, check out these:
Please Support Our Advertisers
- Bakers (8)
- Charity (56)
- Cookbooks (19)
- Events (641)
- Farm Markets (302)
- Farms (259)
- Food Quotes (1)
- Holidays (149)
- Local Color (61)
- Other Places (23)
- Other Things About Food (174)
- People (35)
- Recipes (108)
- Restaurants (505)
- Retail stores (13)
- Sweets (83)
- Tweets (299)
- Uncategorized (13)
- Vegetarian/Vegan (40)
- Vineyards, Breweries and Bars (270)