Hello 2016! Keep the party going this weekend; the New Year is here to stay and there are plenty of ways to celebrate, with craft beer events, traditional french food, and more. Don’t worry, you can start your New Year resolutions on Monday.
1. Foodie First Friday – 2016
Fri, Jan 1, Doylestown, PA
You’re probably a foodie if you are reading this blog. But did you know that this Friday is the first Foodie First Friday in Doylestown of the New Year? Head into Doylestown to celebrate culture, community and cuisine, and stop by a restaurant you’ve never been to, or stop by your usual place and ask what the specials are. Here are a few restaurants and food shops to try:
- Doylestown Food Market: Winter is here, so check out the Food Market and pick up some Equal Exchange hot chocolate topped with Dandies Marshmallows. The Equal Exchange Hot Cocoa is 20% off until January 3 at the market. Also at the market is fresh produce, beef, jams and more.
- Chambers 19: Chambers has celebrated 10 years in business. Walk right up Main Street and pop by for weekend specials, drinks and beers on tap.
- Hickory Kitchen: Barbecue isn’t just for summer picnics. Some of the best barbecue can be found right here in Bucks County at Hickory Kitchen, in Doylestown. And, it’s a restaurant with a big history.
2. Choucroute à l’Alsacienne à Volonté
Fri – Sat, Jan 1 – 2, 5 pm – 12 am, or Sun, Jan 3, 5 – 9 pm, Slate Bleu, 100 S Main St., Doylestown, PA
To fill your belly with something warm and comforting, head over to Slate Bleu in Doylestown. All weekend, in addition to their regular menu, they will be serving French comfort food, known as a traditional Choucroute Supper. The slow-cooked sauerkraut will be garnished with their homemade sausages, boudin blanc, ham, saucisson à l’ail & boiled potatoes. The meal is served table-side for $32 per person. Pair a nice Riesling or Pinot Blanc and you are set. Bonne Année (or, happy New Year!).
3. New Year’s Day “Parade of Beers”
Fri, Jan. 1, 11 am – 11 pm, Iron Abbey, 680 North Easton Road, Horsham, PA
Iron Abbey is having their Annual New Year’s Day 2016 Recovery Brunch, featuring their “Parade of Beers.” On tap at the gastropub will be brews from Perennial, Avery, Lost Abbey, Alesmith, Schneider Weisse, Hardwood, Oskar Blues, Evil Twin, Against the Grain, and more.
There will also be drink specials including $4 Mimosas and Bloody Mary’s. Doors open at 11 am and the day is over at 11 pm. A great way to “recover” from the New Year and drink some craft brews. More information can be found here.
Note: We know this is not technically Bucks County but it’s nearby and sounds like a lot of fun.
4. Brunch at The Black Bass Hotel
Sun, Jan. 3, 3774 River Road, Lumberville, PA
Come for a Sunday brunch at the Black Bass Hotel on New Year’s Day. For $35 per person, enjoy typical brunch favorites with a special twist. Some of the dishes include: warm apple crêpe with mascarpone cheese and caramel drizzle, Bass’t liver pâté and smoked salmon mousse, quiche of the day, Southern fried eggs with sausage gravy and biscuits, Charleston shrimp and grits, chicken Waldorf salad — to name a few. There will also be dessert, and a champagne toast to follow. Children under 12 are $18, and two years old and under eat free.
Have a great weekend!
Want to know what’s happening in Hunterdon County? See our Food Events in Hunterdon County calendar.
If you liked this post, check out these:
Please Support Our Advertisers
- Bakers (7)
- Charity (54)
- Cookbooks (19)
- Events (613)
- Farm Markets (301)
- Farms (258)
- Food Quotes (1)
- Holidays (145)
- Local Color (61)
- Other Places (23)
- Other Things About Food (171)
- People (35)
- Recipes (106)
- Restaurants (473)
- Retail stores (13)
- Sweets (81)
- Tweets (299)
- Uncategorized (13)
- Vegetarian/Vegan (40)
- Vineyards, Breweries and Bars (254)