1. Spaghetti Dinner
Friday, June 12 from 5:30 to 7:30 pm at Delaware Valley Firehouse, 75 Headquarters Road, Erwinna, PA
The Delaware Valley Fire Company’s monthly Spaghetti Dinner is this Friday. Head over between 5:30 pm and 7:30 pm to enjoy dinner cooked by their own fire fighters and Eat This!, the artisanal jam and preserves company based in Erwinna that made Oprah’s list of favorite things this year!
2. Cheese & Whiskey Pairing Event
Saturday, June 13 from 3 pm to 6 pm at Dad’s Hat Rye Distillery, 925 Canal Street, Building #4, Bristol, PA
Dad’s Hat Pennsylvania Rye Whiskey distillery is hosting nationally acclaimed authors Clay Risen (“American Whiskey: Bourbon and Rye”) and Max McCalman (“Mastering Cheese”) for a tasting of Dad’s Hat rye whiskey and artisanal cheeses.
The afternoon includes a tour of the distillery, a flight of four Dad’s Hat Rye Whiskeys paired with specially selected artisanal cheeses, and a hand-made whiskey cocktail. Sign up to reserve your spot here.
3. Outdoor Farmers Markets
It looks like a beautiful weekend weather-wise so grab your bags and baskets and peruse some of Bucks County’s great farmers markets. Due to our hot spring, some farmers are already picking summer squash, zucchini, and cucumbers, all of which aren’t usually available until July! You’ll also find more delicious local foods like goat cheese, freshly baked breads, free range eggs, pasture-raised meats, specialty foods like jams, jellies, spreads all made from local ingredients. Many of the markets now have different food trucks visiting each week too!
Here are the farmers markets all around Bucks County that occur on the weekends and are now open for you to visit:
- Washington Crossing Farm Market: Saturdays 9 am – 1 pm, River Road & Route 532, Washington Crossing.
- Yardley Farmers’ Market: Saturdays 8 am to 12 pm, Buttonwood Park, Yardley.
- Wrightstown Farmers’ Market: Saturdays 9 am – 1 pm, at 2203 2nd Street Pike (next to the Wrightstown Township Municipal Building), Wrightstown.
- The Farmers’ Market @ Playwicki Farm: Wednesdays 3 – 6 pm, 2350 Bridgetown Pike in Feasterville.
- Langhorne Farmers’ Market: Tuesdays 3 – 6:30 pm, at the Jesse Soby American Legion Post, 115 W. Richardson Ave. in Langhorne.
- Lower Makefield Farmers’ Market: Thursdays 3:30 – 6:30 pm, at Edgewood & Heacock Roads in Yardley.
- Doylestown Farmers’ Market: Saturdays 7 am – noon, on Hamilton Ave. near West State St. in Doylestown.
- Plumsteadville Grange Farm Market: Saturdays 9 am – noon, at the Plumsteadville Grange near the intersection of Route 611 and Keller’s Church Rd. in Plumsteadville.
- Ottsville Farmers’ Market: Fridays 4 – 7 pm, 8230 Easton Rd. (Rt. 611, between Rt. 113 and 412) in Ottsville.
For our full list of farmers markets in the area, which include some in neighboring counties, see our guide: Local Farmers Markets.
Follow Bucks County Taste on…
For more details on any of these events, please go to our full calendar, Food Events in Bucks County.
Please Support Our Advertisers
- Bakers (8)
- Charity (56)
- Cookbooks (19)
- Events (662)
- Farm Markets (315)
- Farms (261)
- Food Quotes (1)
- Holidays (152)
- Local Color (61)
- Other Places (23)
- Other Things About Food (173)
- People (35)
- Recipes (109)
- Restaurants (518)
- Retail stores (13)
- Sweets (83)
- Tweets (299)
- Uncategorized (13)
- Vegetarian/Vegan (40)
- Vineyards, Breweries and Bars (276)