Feeling a bit full after Christmas? Can’t look at another chocolate macaroon? Maybe you didn’t even celebrate Christmas and you’re sitting around bored, wondering how to possibly entertain yourself. Even though the hustle and bustle of the holidays are still looming, there’s plenty to do (and eat, if you dare) this weekend.
1. Wrightstown Winter Farmers Market
Sat, Dec. 26, 10 am – 11 am, Wrightstown Farmers Market, 2203 2nd Street Pike (next to the Wrightstown Township municipal offices), Wrightstown, PA 18940
Get some winter produce this weekend at the Wrightstown Winter Farmers Market, which is held twice a month, on the second and fourth Saturdays of each month, from 10 am to 11 am at the usual place. To guarantee getting specific products, pre-order by today, December 24, for the market this Saturday. Some of the vendors that will be there include:
- Bee Well Honey: Local raw honey; flavored honey wildflower, blueberry, cranberry; semi-solid raw honey; creamed honey.
- Fulper Family Farmstead: Pure, wholesome dairy products including fresh mozzarella, yogurt, and ricotta from their farmstead in Hunterdon County, New Jersey.
- LUHV: In addition to LUHV’s Burger patty, they offer soups such as; Energy, Apple Butternut Squash, Sweet Potato Jalapeño.
- PhilaDing: Authentic handmade Scottish scones made both traditional and gluten-free, gluten-free cookies, vegan brownies, pure cold-pressed nut and seed oils, wheat-free falafel, organic Lebanese-style hummus, and unique entrees and soups made from locally sourced produce.
- Roots to River is a 60 acre farm growing organically in the heart of Solebury Township, PA. This week they will have kale, collards, cabbage, carrots, parsnips, potatoes, turnips, celery, celery root, fennel, hakurei turnips, garden radishes, watermelon radishes, salad greens, spinach, onions, leeks, rutabaga, kohlrabi, tat soi, parsley, and cilantro!
Here is a full list of vendors that will be there this weekend.
2. Cooking for a Good Cause
Sat, Dec. 26, Noon – 9 pm, Quinoa Peruvian & Mexican Restaurant, 762 N Easton Road,Doylestown, PA
Enjoy some cooking from chef guests this Saturday, December 26 from 12 – 9 pm at Quinoa Peruvian & Mexican Restaurant in Doylestown. Jack, Becca, Said and Carmen will create a unique menu fused with Peruvian, Puerto Rican, Cuban, Dominican & Mexican flair for this two night special event in support of giving back and making a difference in the world — just in time for the New Year. A portion of all proceeds will be donated to a local Dominican community or organization working with Fathom Travel.
There will be a silent auction where you can bid on a Fathom 7 day/6 night cruise to the Amber Cove in the Dominican Republic aboard the Adonia where you can immerse yourself in the culture and give back to the those that live there.
3. On the Radar: Ringing in the New Year
Fri, Jan. 1, all day, Downtown Doylestown, PA
Foodie First Friday: Stroll Doylestown and experience the unique shops and food establishments. This is the first Foodie First Friday of the new year!
Wed, Jan. 6, 6 pm, George School Meetinghouse, 1690 Newtown Langhorne Rd., Newtown, PA
BCFA Potluck: The annual meeting of Bucks County Foodshed Alliance will kick off the new year with a potluck and chef demo with Ian Knauer, PBS host of The Farm and co-owner of the Farm Cooking School in Stockton, NJ.
Sat, Jan. 11, 7 pm, Carlow Cookery, 432 N. Main Street, Doylestown, PA
The Spanish Table: Carlow Cookery classes are filling up fast, looks like everyone wants to spice up their kitchen life for the new year. There are still spots left for “The Spanish Table,” where you can learn about modern small plates showcasing the rich culinary tradition of Spain.
Want to know what’s happening in Hunterdon County? See our Food Events in Hunterdon County calendar.
Please Support Our Advertisers
- Bakers (8)
- Charity (56)
- Cookbooks (19)
- Events (669)
- Farm Markets (317)
- Farms (261)
- Food Quotes (1)
- Holidays (152)
- Local Color (61)
- Other Places (23)
- Other Things About Food (173)
- People (34)
- Recipes (109)
- Restaurants (521)
- Retail stores (13)
- Sweets (83)
- Tweets (299)
- Uncategorized (13)
- Vegetarian/Vegan (40)
- Vineyards, Breweries and Bars (280)